<Night 1 ~ Hot head>

Yuki's P.O.V

Headmaster called Zero and I to his office.
"Yes headmaster? You called?"
"Call me Father!" Kaien leaped off his seat and went to hug me again, but I easily dodged and left him sulking on his desk.
Zero clicked his tongue in annoyance, "That is not what you called us here for! Just get straight to the point, I'm wasting my time here you know!"
He's so short tempered sometimes!
"Oh right!" Kaien straightened himself then cleared his throat. "We have a new student!"
A new student?
"She's called Mari-"
"Is she one of them." Zero grimaced. I know he's not very... nice to vampires because of his tragic family history. I really hope one day he will learn to forgive the unforgivable.
"Well how to put it..."
"So is she or isn't she?!" Zero shouted, making Kaien jump. The sound of a book snapping shut came from behind us, startling Zero and I.

Stood by the door was a girl about my height, pure white hair with greyish ends styled in a fishtail braid, her fringe covering her left eye while her visible eye was a delicate ruby colour. She wore black skinny jeans with a oversized white top and a denim jacket. She was stunning and her fashion sense was so western! I was a little jealous!
As I was fawning over her appearance; Zero was judging her brutally. She opened her mouth to say something but was rudely interrupted by Zero.
"Who are you and how come I didn't sense you?" Zero demanded harshly. She didn't seem frightened at all, cool as a cucumber.
"Zero! It's rude to interrupt!" I elbowed him in the side. We had a glaring contest which was interrupted by a polite cough.
"My name is Mari and I am the new transfer student." She bowed formally, headmaster Cross' eyes going sparkly in awe of her manners. Her voice was soft and sweet, but almost emotionless. Zero glared at her intensely.
"Yes, this is Mari! She will be in the night class-"
"So you are one of them." Zero growled. Mari cocked her head to one side. "You know damn right what I'm talking about! Don't play innocent with me vampire!" Zero broke the table in anger.
"Zero!" I scolded while Kaien was sobbing over his broken table and being interrupted yet again.
"I do not know what you're talking about in the slightest. Please enlighten me." Mari responded calmly.
"Filthy vampire scum."
Mari moved from her spot over to Kaien who was dramatically sobbing over the table, lightly patting Kaien on the shoulder with a small smile. Kaien sat back in his seat, sated, sipping his lemon tea.
Mari absently traced the splits in the desk, "Vampires... I know of them, but it is a bold assumption for you to make that I am a vampire."
"So what of it?" He snarled impatiently. I went to hit Zero again for his rudeness, but he caught my fist and gave me a scary threatening look telling me not to interfere or touch him. I pouted and snatched my hand back, crossing my arms across my chest.
"I..."
"You..?"
"I don't feel like telling you." She sighed with boredom as Zero quite literally exploded.
"SO YOU ARE!"
"Maybe, maybe not. It's not any of your business anyway."
"YOU LITTLE!" He went to attack her (really? Now is not the time or place!!), but was caught and stopped by Mari. My mouth dropped. Such strength! Zero struggled to move his hand in her grip.
"Let go of me disgusting vampire!" She let his wrist go as he glared daggers at her. After that he stormed out.
"Hot head." She clicked her tongue like Zero does. Said boy stopped in his tracks.
"What was that?"
"Well for one you never introduced yourself, and you called me a 'disgusting vampire', so I have every right to call you hot head." She smirked triumphantly.
"My name is Yuki! It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope that we can be friends!" I interrupted before another fight broke out. Kaien was crying tears of joy.
"Yuki! My daughter! The brave peacekeeper!"
I laughed sheepishly at his praise.
"It's a pleasure to meet you too Yuki. I hope we can too." Mari smiled warmly while Zero rolled his eyes.

I don't see why he should hold a grudge against Mari. Mari seems sweet and is quite polite (although she did call Zero hot head- which he is) and we saw she is strong... But that's no reason to hate her. Zero despises vampires, but Mari didn't say whether she was a vampire or not. She just knew of them. And the sudden flash of hurt from being called a vampire..
Is there more beneath the surface..? Maybe she's more like Zero than he knows..
It's the same look...

×××××××××
A/N- At first I was thinking whether to give Mari glasses... But alas! Nope. sorry.
edited: 26/8/2019
edited again lol: 6/6/2020