<Night 2 ~ Hot Topic>

3RD PERSON

'What is going on here?!'

Mari sweat dropped in the midst of the hyped up crowds, not at all liking the shrill screams of the fangirls and amount of attention directed at her. After all, she is the new student of the elite night class, of course the day class students would be curious.
"Who is she?!"
"She's new?"
"She better not touch my Aido!"
"She's stunning..!"
Aido noticed the white haired girl's confusion and apprehension towards the day class students. Nudging her, he indiscreetly whispered, "Looks like you're the hot topic today Mari!"
"I just want to get to class without the fuss." She replied, frustrated and annoyed that a simple thing like walking to class was like a procession or a red carpet runway. Admittedly, the night class students are very flashy -most unintentionally- and physically flawless.

In the end, they are the superior race.

"Girls! This is the new student Mari! Come say hi Mari!"
All eyes landed on Mari, admiring her and/or scrutinising her.
'Is Aido trying to get me killed?!' She began to sweat bullets as his fangirls glared menacingly at her in a way only she would notice.
'I'd rather not die from the wrath of fangirl, not today.'
"I am Mari the new night class student. It's a pleasure to meet you all." Mari introduced herself to the day class students. Some were in awe and others were still skeptical.
Either way, she wasn't planning on staying to find out, although she wasn't allowed to walk further than Kaname.
'Damn pure blood.' She mentally cursed because it seemed Kaname was also mocking her by walking slowly to greet all the girls.
"Mari!" A familiar voice called out. Yuki stopped in front of the girl, grinning. They'd only known each other for a day, but Yuki felt like they've known each other for a lifetime, almost like siblings.
"So what do you do that you get a fancy armband?" Mari asked.
"Zero and I are the disciplinary committee! We prevent day students from mixing with the night class for obvious reasons..." Yuki kept her voice low toward the end.
'Clearly she's struggling if it's like this.. I wonder why she doesn't give up..'
"Just the two of you? Isn't it hard?"
Yuki put a hand to her chin in thought, "Sure it is, but headmaster selected us so I must fulfil my duty properly to keep peace!" Mari's eye widened.

'Peace? Don't make me laugh. You're ignorant and naïve or just plain stupid if you're willing to protect that so-called peace.
Still.. She's willing to work to keep her idea of peace and happiness.. I'm jealous..'

"It would be much easier if Zero was actually on time." Yuki added, a certain silver haired male shadowing over the brunette with a menacing look on his face.
Taking this as her cue to leave, Mari waved goodbye at Yuki, catching up to the night class, "Good luck. And tell me if you ever need help."
"Will do!" Yuki waved back eagerly, Zero scowling. As fangirls squealed once more; Zero used them as a way to vent his bottled anger and irritation, "GET BACK TO YOUR DORMS!"

~~~

Mari collapsed over her desk, sighing in exhaustion, "Is it like that everyday?"
Takuma chuckled at her awkwardness with crowds, "Yes, the day students greet us every evening. It's rather nice don't you think?"
Mari dead panned at him.
"Nice? My ears are still ringing from their screams. I don't know how I'm going to survive this every night." Mari groaned, head in hands.
"Stop being so over-dramatic." Ruka scowled at the girl.
She didn't like the scent of the new girl. Something about Mari seemed fishy.

Mari's P.O.V
"You are the future for both vampires and humans" blah blah blah. To be completely honest, I don't care about the future. Why should I care if I don't have a future. My first ever lesson here and it's a lecture about these weird, fake blood tablets and how we are a credit to the world and stuff like that. Useless knowledge to me.

I clutched my stomach as it grumbled quietly in hunger. I hadn't eaten since I arrived here.
I can go for days without eating, but my mind was nagging at me to eat the warm bun in my pocket. I hadn't had breakfast because a certain blonde, loud, annoying vampire took mine without permission. Curse him!

I snuck out my meat bun and was about to eat it when the great pureblood leader Kaname Kuran stopped me.
"Mari, I appreciate you are new, but do not eat during lessons. Please keep that in mind next time."
Takuma stood next to me with his hand out expectantly. I mentally said goodbye as the meat bun and myself parted ways.
'Spoilsport.' I shoved in my earbuds and laid over the desk, deciding now would be a good time to take a nap. I could feel Ruka and Aido frown at me and roll their eyes.
"What a spoiled brat." I heard Ruka mutter.

It's study hall, I can do what I want. Besides, my education is sorted, I don't need to study. I had three years worth of learning crammed into my brain in one year, let me rest.

If it wasn't obvious, I didn't have much of a childhood. I was cooped indoors, away from all the other kids. My purpose in life was to please others. I did try to escape from this way of life once, but it wasn't worth it. The world was dead, like I was told. Then I came back to my actual reality and faced the consequences for trying to leave...

I cannot say much has changed since then. I'm still a slave to this dull life with an inevitable end.

It's all just a game..

Choose to continue Game Of Life?
[Yes]          [No]

Published: 16/8/16
A/N: I finally updated! Thanks to those who added this story to their reading list and thanks for voting peeps! (Ew I just said peeps //slaps//)
Vote if you likey what you read ^3^♡ (thanks dudes! Have a cookie!)
Comment for a random chat¡¿¡
《Tschüss!》-《German》

edited: 26/8/2019
of course i had to keep the game of life line !
edited 2.0: 6/6/2020
i don't have the heart to get rid of the game of life line hahaha