<Night 5.5 ~ Busy being secretive>

Mari's P.O.V
After my encounter with Takuma Ichijo in the music room, I knew I had to be more sneaky in my actions. I only wanted people to know what I told them, nothing more nothing less.

I left him alone in his thoughts as I wandered back to my room to get ready for night school. I took a warm shower then (after it dried) arranged my hair in a low ponytail over my left shoulder. Figuring I had some time before class, I opened up my laptop and tried to work on a bonus track. Working on a new track is pretty difficult when you have no inspiration or ideas. So I ended up just pressing random buttons waiting for inspiration to strike while nibbling on my breakfast bar and sipping a breakfast smoothie I stole from the fridge in the dorm kitchens. There was a knock on the door. I immediately slammed the screen of my laptop shut and unplugged the software, mere milliseconds before the door opened to reveal a skeptical Aido.

"Class..." His eyes flicked to the now closed laptop behind me, curious as to what I was so desperately trying to hide.

"Thank you for telling me." I stood up, grabbing my headphones and breakfast, then breezing past him downstairs.

"Wait- is that my breakfast smoothie?!" Aido exclaimed in realisation. So this was his huh? I wondered why it was so healthy tasting.

"You took my breakfast on the first night, revenge is sweet." I sneered, gulping down the rest while he watched in disbelief.

"How was I supposed to know that was yours? You're so petty!" He screeched.

"How was I supposed to know this was yours? It was just left unattended in the fridge, and aren't you being petty right now?" I retorted, walking past the horrified male to at least wash up the now empty bottle.

3rd person

Shiki noticed in class, Mari was very out of it. If she wasn't tapping her pencil, she was shuffling her foot or drumming her fingers on the desk.

"She seems very preoccupied today, don't you think?" Rima whispered as Mari dropped her head on her table, still shuffling her feet.

"Yeah." Shiki agreed.

Meanwhile, Ruka was getting irritated by Mari's constant noise. "Can't you sit still?" She snapped, causing everyone to stop.

"Not today." Mari replied bluntly, quickly going back to having her head on the desk, shuffling her feet.

"At least do your work." Ruka sneered, smirking as Mari sat up in shock. Mari then jotted down something quickly, then ripped it out and shoved it in her pocket.

"I've done my work, please can I retire early?" Mari asked politely.

"All of it?" Takuma asked, somewhat incredulously. Mari nodded, walking over to him with her filled out paper.

"I'll check it." The teacher said, gesturing to have Mari's paper. She handed him the paper, waiting impatiently for the verdict. Kaname was surprised to see the girl so keen to do something, even if that something wasn't class, it was a new sight for him, and everyone here. "They're all correct." The teacher confirmed.

"May I take my leave?" She asked.

"Not until you finish the higher paper." The teacher handed her the higher paper, Mari groaning inaudibly, also a new expression none of the others had seen. She went back to her seat with an absent-minded frown on her face as she began to work through the paper. Her visible red eye quickly flicked across the page, analysing the words and questions, as she scribbled workings out and notes of sorts. She sped through the paper, during that time, her eyes showing a determined and irritated gleam. She sped through the paper, then flicked back through it again, going through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure she had no answers wrong. She hopped down the steps to the teacher's desk, presenting him with the now completed higher paper.