"Well, you need to suck it up and be there for him. At least he has a dad who cares. He would have had an uncle too but you threatened to out the wolves secret if I went near him. After all these years, I still can't believe you would not let your own brother see your boys. I sat outside college sometimes just so I could see how he and William were growing up."

"You stay away from William, he doesn't need to know any of this."

The man laughed.

"William deserves to know just as much as Jacob. It's not my fault if he accidentally finds out about me now is it?"

Neither of them was aware that William had been introduced to werewolves by the poisonous Alisha. But Grace didn't know she was a wolf and her brother didn't know she was after William. He was very, very glad when Anthony split up the pack, he hated Alisha.

"Is that a threat?"

"Of course not," He beamed and started walking backwards. "It's just some brotherly love."

"Nathan, you better not mention any of this to William-"

"It was nice talking to you," He said and turned. Hunter and Jacob heard his footsteps crunching the leaves. "Let's do it again sometime."

Grace watched him leave. Her face was holding so much emotion. She looked worried, guilty, scared and angry. She didn't want this secret to be exploding out and into the open, not now.

Jacob's chocolate brown eyes watched her make her way through the woods. He was still and didn't want to make a sound. His mind was incredibly full of so many thoughts and feelings. This was the last thing he expected to hear.

The wolves sat there in silence until they were sure that Vic's dad and Jacob's mum were a good distance away.

"Are you okay, Jacob?" Hunter thought.

"Yes, well um, I-I just need to get to the field." The trees felt like they were closing in on him and he just needed a big open space.

"Okay, change back, I'll give you a lift."

Jacob walked forwards so he was no longer standing underneath him and changed into his human form. Before he managed to stand up, Hunter licked his cheek.

"This is not a bad thing," He thought. "Yes, it's a shock but I'm happy we were at the right place at the right time. Your mum doesn't know that we know and we have the advantage now."

Jacob rubbed his cheek and nodded his head.

"I guess you're right." He stood up and climbed on Hunter's back. He wrapped his arms around his neck and closed his eyes, he needed to be out of the woods.

* * * * *

After sitting in the field for almost an hour, Jacob still wasn't sure what to make of this situation. Both of his parents had lied to him about different things but for the same reason. Hunter had told him that he didn't have to worry about any of this, it was up to his mother to grow a backbone and come clean.

Coming to terms with the fact that his mate was related to Vic wasn't sitting well but in time, he would have to accept it. He just couldn't believe it.

"Nothing has happened to me today," Jacob mumbled and pulled out a chunk of grass. "With the Lunar cycle, I mean."

His head was resting against Hunter's leg as he laid on the floor.

"I don't know what else to expect. You have healing powers, you grew to look like a god, you can control lightning and now we share the same mark. I can't think of anything else that would happen."

Jacob closed his eyes and let a big breath of air escape his lungs. Hunter was right, he didn't have to do anything. He just felt annoyed that his parents lied like this to both him and William.

Hunter picked a daisy flower out of the ground and tickled Jacob's nose with it. His hand was quickly pushed away but Jacob almost released a smile.

"I like Vic's dad," Hunter said and rested his hand against Jacob's chest. He didn't mind his physical touch anymore. He often craved it and it didn't make him nervous. "He's pretty down to earth and easy to get on with. He has good morals and doesn't make life difficult for himself or anyone else. It's a shame I can't say that about Vic."

"Can we talk about something else for a bit," Jacob asked quietly.

"Yes, sorry," Hunter smiled. "What would you like to talk about?"

Jacob stared at the moving clouds and they didn't look far away anymore. He felt a connection with the sky and it was hard for him to explain why.

"There's a storm coming."

"Can you feel it?"

Jacob nodded his head as Hunter laid on the grass and shuffled down so his mates head was resting on his chest instead of his lap.

"What does it feel like?"

"There's a weird buzzing in my chest and I just know ones coming."

Hunter hummed a gentle response.

"You're incredible. You might get tired of hearing that but seriously, I'm so lucky to be paired with you."

It's funny for Jacob to hear that. He always thought the same thing about Hunter. In his eyes, he is the definition of perfect and thought of himself as the definition of what's wrong in this world. Yet here they are, feeling like they're not good enough for each other.

"I think we should make a pact," Jacob said and watched his grumpy looking storm clouds approach the horizon. "No matter how deep our self-esteem goes, we will always know that we deserve each other."

Hunter smiled and slowly wrapped his little finger around Jacob's. His eyes continued to watch the sky but his heart was concentrating on his mate.

"Okay."

Jacob squeezed his little finger back. He felt comfortable and himself. He knew Hunter was one hundred percent himself too and it was such a luxury to share this with someone.

Margo and Anthony were out at the court hearing which officially started an hour ago. Flora was sitting on the rocking chair and watching the boys. She couldn't hear what they were saying but she could sense their calm auras.

As the storm approached, Jacob could just feel that something else was coming with it. Maybe it was a new power for him or a stronger case of electricity. Whatever it was, it filled him with excitement.

Hunter was surprised that he was taking his mother's secret so well. He was learning to deal with things in other ways than just freaking out and he was proud of him.

Suddenly, a crackle of thunder broke their silence and filled the air. Hunter raised his eyebrows and watched with interest. He knew there was lightning on the way and it was coming for Jacob.

They watched with anticipation until the familiar warm glow of lightning emerged from the dark clouds. Jacob quickly sat up and reached out his hand. The electricity shot down at phenomenal speed and the moment it touched his skin, his next power was revealed.