Let's Be Unpredictable

Start from the beginning

"It's a long trip ,isn't it?" he asked me.

"Yeah about three hours"

"What do you want to do in the meantime?" he said playfully.

"Listen to music?" I suggested, as it was the only thing that we can do on the train. He nodded and I took my mobile phone with my earphones out of my pocket. I handed him one and I gave him my phone to let him choose a song.

He chose Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran . I've been listening to that song a lot lately. It reminds me of Zayn for some reason.

Zayn started singing along with the music and I was impressed by his velvet voice. He sings perfectly.

"You have a great voice!" I squealed.

"Thanks princess"

"I didn't know you could sing" I looked at him curiously.

"Yeah, I sing and I also play the guitar but don't tell anyone" he begged me.

"Why? It's not something that you should be hiding"

"It's ridiculous" he rolled his eyes.

"Of course it is since you're the Bradford bad boy" I smirked.

"Exactly. It's my secret" he explained seriously even though I was joking about the bad boy thing.

"Okay" I said.

"Speaking of secrets...do you have any?" he asked curiously.

"Everyone has secrets" I said as some of my secrets came back into my mind. I think one of the biggest one is that I once cut for Zayn.

"What's your biggest one?" he asked.

"It's a secret, I'm not supposed to talk about it!"

"Tell me, I want tell anyone, I promise"

"I don't know how will you react...."

"Just tell me already!" he shouted annoyed and some of the passengers turned to look at us. It's weird how he can be completely calm one moment and the next he could be angry and frustrated.

"Okay calm down!" I glared at him. "About a year ago, I...I had cut...for you" I admitted and I sighed waiting for his reaction.

"What?" he said shocked and before I even responded he grabbed my arm and he pulled up my sleeve where my scars have left white marks making evident what I've done.

"Why did you do that?" he said as he traced the marks. He looked me with his eyes as if he was ready to cry.

"I was desperate. You were ignoring me and I couldn't put up with it any more. I had the need to do something for my relief" I explained.

"Alice, I'm sorry" he hugged me tightly. "I'm really sorry, don't ever do it again, promise me!" he said.

"It's not your fault don't be sorry"

"It is! If I had let you know that I liked you too then you wouldn't have done this to yourself" he said and his words hit me. I didn't know that he liked me too.

"Zayn it's okay, it's nothing. I won't do it again I promise" I ensured him.

"Fine" he said and we stayed quiet for the next few minutes. We were still listening to music which was making things less uncomfortable.

"What are we gonna do there?" Zayn broke the silence.

"We are going to have dinner at my dad's house. We'd go to his fiance's house but they changed the plans" I told him.