reason seventeen

23 June 2017.

They say that good things don't last forever. For Rosie and Lukasz, it was the peace and tranquility of their relationship.

The returned smiles and occasional dinner dates, the hugs and the cuddles. It was waking up on a Monday morning and seeing Rosie all snuggled up against Lukasz, soft kisses on her temple as she drifted in and out of sleep, and a kiss on his neck because she was couldn't reach his lips. It was her taking a picture with him to post it on her Snapchat and him going along with it because he still doesn't understand the concept of the app itself. And then it was talking too much in the bathroom as he took a shower, unaware of the time passing by and ending up rushing into the car so Lukasz wouldn't be late to practice.

That happiness that used to roam around their relationship seemed to cease to exist all within the course of two months, and they were so fucking sick of it. It was like every day was hell as arguments rose out of nowhere and Lukasz ran into their room, slamming the door behind him.

Like the recent months, today was no different.

It was fairly contained at a price—they hadn't spoken to each other much after their arrival back to Dortmund. The whole situation of what happened in Santorini was just too much, and Rosie was afraid to bring it up because of the chances of starting yet another argument.

She began to think that a lot of the reasons for their collapsing relationship was her. Because of the numerous times Lukasz had yelled at her for being such a bitch, the nights she spent curled up on the other side of the bed alone, and all the times where she wouldn't even dare to listen to his bullshit of an apology.

And now this? How was she supposed to explain and tell everything that happened after she left without feeling guilty?

"Luka," she spoke, emerging from the hallway dressed in running shorts, a shirt and sneakers, "I'm going for a run." At this point, there was no way Rosie was going to give a proper explanation to him. So she decided to go out for a run—a habit she developed in her late teens after getting tired of hearing the same half-assed apology from her half-sober mother for being an alcoholic.

Truth is, she should have listened to her mother. Because some times, the worst apologies are the ones that work.

Lukasz looks at her, his hands stirring whatever he was making for dinner. "Okay."

After eight whole years of being with Rosie, he knew that there was something bothering her. Lukasz wishes he could understand what it was, but he can't. He just can't.

He doesn't understand Rosie.

Everything she's done—moving with him to Dortmund and going through every tough spot in her life alongside Lukasz only to end up on the brink of a breakup. It's so fucking absurd and strange, he doesn't quite her thinking much at all.

There are times where she has the biggest smile on Earth and the next, she is numb and afraid to feelings.

Lukasz sighed. Today, he really wanted to get back on track.

He now has thirteen days left.

But it just so happened that Rosie decided to go for a run when he was so close to finishing their meal for dinner. Fettuccine alfredo. He can't even cook all that well, but he tried because he just wanted a good meal with her.

Unfortunately, the world isn't fair, and Lukasz would have to wait a while until Rosie gets back from her run to actually eat dinner. And to be pretty honest with you right now, he felt like crying right now because he was so frustrated with this.