~

Elijah and I were inside a burial vault, with numerous candles lit on the walls around us. Hayley was up and I had explained to her what was happening, and who Elijah was. Hayley liked Elijah. I could tell by the way she look at him.

"So, have they been holding you two here against your will?" Elijah asked us.

"They lured us out to the bayou and grabbed Hayley and I. And they did all these... weird magical tests, while she was asleep. Not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, I'm dead, Klaus is dead. We can't have children!" I said to him, as I sat in front of him with my legs crossed together.

"Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it might explain how this is possible. Here, if I may." Elijah said. Elijah tried to lay his hand on my temple, but I recoiled. I knew what he was doing, but I had to make sure.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Relax. If you open your mind to me, I can show you." Elijah said and I allowed him to touch my head this time. This may or may not be the second time I heard this story, but I barley remember it. I closed my eyes as he showed me memories of his family. "In the beginning, our family was human... A thousand years ago, now."

(A/N: Flashback are going to be Bold and Italic and still in Alex's P.O.V.)

"Come, Henrik. Our brothers are fighting again." Rebekah said to a little boy. Then I quickly saw Elijah and Klaus fighting each other while laughing.

"Although our mother dabbled in the dark arts, we were actually just a family trying to survive in a time when it was quite difficult to do so. And, for better or worse, we were happy." Elijah said and let go of my head, but he was still showing me their past. "That is, however, until one night, our youngest brother was killed by our village's greatest threat."

I saw Klaus coming home, carrying Henrik's body. "Mother!" He yelled and everybody ran up to him as he hugged his knees close and cried.

"Men that could transform themselves into wolves during the full moon. Our family was devastated, none more than Niklaus. Desperate to protect the rest of us, our father forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger."

I saw Mikael, holding the bleeding arm of a human in front of Rebekah. "Drink!" He said and forced Rebekah to drink the blood.

"Thus, the first vampires were born. But with this speed, this strength, this immortality, came a terrible hunger. No one felt this hunger more than Niklaus." Elijah said.

I saw Klaus attack someone, feed and kill.

"When he killed for the first time, we knew what he truly was."

I saw as Klaus started to turn into a wolf. He screamed and his bones cracked. Mikael and Elijah came running over to him.

"Niklaus!" Elijah yelled worried about his little brother.

"What is happening to me?" Klaus asked Elijah terrified. Elijah tried to run to his brother, to help, but he can't as he is held back by Mikeal.

"Don't!" Mikeal yelled at Elijah.

"Father! It hurts!" Klaus yelled at Mikeal for help. Mikael just looked at him in complete disgust of the boy in front of him.

"He's a beast, an abomination." Mikeal said as he looked at Klaus. Klaus looked up at them with glowing yellow eyes and veins underneath them.

"He wasn't just a vampire." Elijah said and I opened my eyes.

"He was also a werewolf." I said finishing his thought. I looked at Elijah as he looked away from me.

"That's how the werewolf curse works. It isn't activated until you take a life." Hayley said to us.

"Niklaus was the result of an indiscretion our mother had hidden from us all. An affair, with a werewolf like yourself and Hayley." Elijah said. "Infuriated by this betrayal, my father forced our mother to cast a spell that would suppress Klaus's werewolf side, denying him any connection with his true self." Elijah showed me another memory.

Mikael was trying to bind Klaus to a wooden cross. "Elijah! Elijah, hold him down!" Mikeal yelled at him.

"Brother, please! Don't let them do this to me!" Klaus begged his older brother.

"Do it now, boy! Now!" Mikeal yelled and Elijah walked over to them. He helped Mikael hold down Klaus. Klaus looked into Elijah eyes.

"Help me!" Klaus said and they stared at each other.

"Your dad was an asshole when I meet him. And apparently he has been that for a long time." I said and Elijah chuckled. "Your brother is a notorious psycho, Elijah... who I fell in love with, broke up with, then slept with....Classic me."

"I cannot excuse his behavior, but you must understand, when our father hunted him" Elijah stood up. "- hunted us - for centuries, every time we found a moment of happiness, we were forced to flee. Even here, in New Orleans, where we were happiest of all. Not long after Niklaus broke the spell which prevented him from becoming a hybrid, he defeated our father." Yup, I was there for that.

"I thought this would make him happy." But Elijah shook his head. "He was angrier than ever." I know. I spent a summer with him and he almost killed me for siding with my brothers on the Mikael situation. "I wonder if perhaps this baby and you, Alex, might be a way for my brother to find happiness. A way to save him from himself." Elijah explained to me. Sophie then entered the vault again.

"I'm glad you feel that way, because we need your help." Sophie said to him.

"What, precisely, is it that you want and what does it have to do with this young woman?" Elijah said to her.

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the key. Everything Marcel knows about being a vampire, he learned from Klaus. Marcel trusts him, looks up to him, and he won't see the betrayal coming."

"Yes, well, as I'm sure you're aware, my brother Niklaus doesn't like to be told what to do." Elijah said to her and I nodded. Isn't that the truth.

"That's why I brought you here. Marcel drove the werewolves out of town decades ago. Do you really think he's going to welcome a hybrid baby to the neighborhood?" Well, I've met Marcel before, so....maybe? "Convince Klaus to help us, and no one has to know about the newest member of the Original family." Sophie said and I stood up. Did you seriously just threaten me and my baby's life? Becasue if you did, you won't have to worry about what Klaus will do to you.

"That sounds remarkably like blackmail." Elijah said to her.

"Like I said, I'm desperate." Sophie told him. I looked at Elijah, and he quickly glanced at me, but didn't completely turn around.

"Well, then, I have my work cut out for me, don't I?" Elijah asked with a smiled smile, then left to find Klaus.