Chapter 41

I had a great birthday fam, thanks for all the messages. 

This chapter is dedicated to JPO because you're super cool, sweet, funny and I love you. High, high, high key faveeeeee <3 <3 

________________

"I don't want you to go." 

I turned back to Ripper, feeling my heart break as he watched me pack. He shook his head, stepping forward and taking my clothes out of my suitcase. 

"You can't go." 

My hands came to his, settling over his fingers as he came closer, gaze full of frustration and longing. "Please Corin." 

Everything in me stopped, and my eyes welled with tears, I pulled him against me swiftly, burying my head in his chest and gripping him so tightly, I thought I might never leave. He was just as fierce, an arm around my waist and the other around my nape, willing me, just with his touch, to not leave him. 

To not leave him for another man. 

"I'm doing this for us Ripper. I'm doing this so they leave our family alone." 

Ripper drew back slightly, letting his concern was over me. "But who's going to do something for you?" 

I placed my hand on his face, thumb stroking over the dark circles under his eyes. "You've done so much for me Cearul. You've continued doing things for me- and even now, as I go to pretend to want to love another man, you're ready to let me go. Not for the club, not for yourself, but for me. I can see it in your eyes- you're doing this so I'm safe." 

He growled, leaning into my palms. "Of course. If I had it my way, I would just have shot them both. You're the only thing that matters Corin, the only thing that matters in my world." 

He touched his forehead to mine, both arms circling around my waist. "That's not hard though. Since you are my world." 

The tears couldn't be stopped and I let myself cry for the thousandth time, but for the first time in a long time- I brought my lips to his. 

The kiss was slow, and I melted against his mouth, his tongue sweeping across my bottom lip as he showed me just how much I meant to him. I moaned at the familiarity of it all- of his touch, his lips, his kiss that was so full of him, my knees buckled. 

But he caught me, pulled me up against him and sucked at my lip before drawing back, getting his breath back but not hiding the heat that was in his eyes. "If I don't like something Corin, I'm coming in. And you won't be able to stop me." 

"I know. And I love you even more for that." I gave him a smile, one that he returned ever so slightly, and then, he helped me pack.

_____________

My parents grinned as I walked towards their car, both of them waiting with too wide smiles on their too perfect faces. Father stepped forward, taking my suitcase and handing it to an older looking valet. 

"I'm so glad you chose what was better for you." Mother chirped, and I nodded, looking back to where Seamus stood. He was the only one I allowed to come with me and be seen, since I had already said good-bye to the others, and couldn't handle Ripper being there, watching me go. 

Seamus ran a hand through his white hair, and raised a hand, waving with such a sad expression on his face it took all my strength to not go back to him. 

Mother looked from me to him, raising a brow. "Who is that?" 

The tone of her voice almost made me snarl, but I kept my eyes on Seamus as I raised my voice so he could hear. "He is my son. And he will be seeing me soon." 

Mother's lips pressed into a thin line, but father placed a hand on my back, sensing he needed to keep the peace. "Yes, well, after you've settled in with Warwick, he can come and visit." 

I nodded and waved good bye to my boy, sliding into the back seat of their limousine. The man of a recent nightmare sat to my left, and immediately placed an arm around my shoulder as a welcome. 

I moved instantly, rearing back at his touch. I may have been alright with touch now- but something that intimate and not coming from Ripper? Fuck off. 

Warwick raised his hands, "Whoa there. I'm not going to hurt you." 

My parents slipped into the seats across from us and a question was obvious on their faces. I shook my head, fists clenching. 

"I just- just broke up with Ripper. I need a little time." My voice cracked, showing them enough emotion so they weren't suspicious of my sudden acceptance of their agreement. 

Father nodded solemnly. "Sometimes, we need to sacrifice others in order to get to the places we ourselves need to be." He leaned over, taking my hand. "You made the right decision Corin, this is best for all of you." 

I looked out the windows, anxiety churning in my belly. I did make the right decision for all of us, it was just different from what they thought. Gervais had needed more information, and this was the only way to get it.

________

Short, but the rest of the chapters will be HELLA LONG, so get ready. 

I entered this in the wattys too so....much appreciated if you vote. Or w/e you do.