Chapter 17

why do I even put author's notes up? I could say I'm a tumblr feminist who supports trump and people will still skip this. Although, I do that too- so karma really does come back around. 

I have no idea where this story is going, but bear with me. Is anyone else missing Seamus? I love him more than Ripper- which is sad but true. 

We gonna see more Viper and way more Hammer in this one. Also, some surprise appearances from some club whores! Yayyyyyy. 

__________________

As we all know, I had never really experienced family- and the concept of family was different to everyone. At first, my own 'family' had consisted of two money givers who shipped me off to another country to do whatever. Then it had turned into my one best friend Bianca. Right now it was my eclectic mix of bikers and people that I just enjoyed being around. 

But Viper was a different sort of family for my dad. They had grown up together, actually formed a club with each other, then split their different ways after Jezebel pulled a fast one on Hugh. Dad needed time away, and new faces to not remind him of my mother, and Viper needed a solid foundation to start his own club. 

But Viper was always there for my dad, even getting shot for him- and the stories they had to tell of saving each other were amazing, dangerous and slightly worrying. When Viper left, dad carried on telling me stories until he was shut up by the on duty nurse. 

It was good, knowing my dad was cared for. 

***

I walked  back in the doors of our house and found all the men asleep in the lounge. Apparently they didn't feel comfortable sleeping in the many rooms we had to offer. I shook my head and stepped over one, lightly running to my room to grab some clothes and have a shower. 

After my shower, I pulled on some jean shorts, one of Ripper's non-black sweaters (which was a surprise in itself, the man had no colours at all in his wardrobe) and a pair of gladiators that came to mid calf.

Only half the men were up, and I went to make some coffee for Viper and Hammer who were sitting on the table. He had already lit up a smoke when I sat down at the table, handing them their coffees. 

"So what are you guys up to today?" 

Hammer's eyes were on my exposed legs, following every line of tattoos on them. I folded my legs under the table and turned my body toward Viper. "Probably gonna make our rounds in town to show the people and any snitches, that we are here. That'll ward off any smaller clubs seeking to come into power" 

I nodded and sipped my coffee. "You heard anything from the front where Ripper went?" I tried to make my voice light, but there was an edge to it. 

"Not much, only that people know Ripper is there. He'll be alright doll, and he'll protect your little one" 

I raised a brow, "my little one?" 

Viper nodded to a photo on the wall- one of many I had put up of the family. "The white haired pretty boy. He's yours ain't he?" 

I smiled, remembering the large bear he had tattooed on his back. "Yeah. I'm his mama bear"

I looked at the time and cursed, jumping up to start breakfast and get ready for work. It was a quick fry up- the usual scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns. Thank God for Hash browns. And hash brownies. 

I served it all up on the table and greeted the men that had woken up, thanking one young member who had helped me. His name was Ringer, and I didn't know how to think about that.