CHAPTER 7

Thanks for the reads sqwad. Here's another chapter, but it's shorter than others since I have exams on right now. There should be another one out soon!

Please vote and comment and all that. 

Christmas was fast approaching, and that meant I actually had to buy presents for someone other than Bianca. I wrote a list, walking around the Rutherglen mall as people rushed around.

Bianca- guitar straps and picks/ More tie dye shirts/ Classic Rock CDs?

Hugh- Clothes. God, the man needed more clothes. All he wore was jeans and polos. 

Seamus- Complete Art set

Slater- Condoms. Blow up doll? 

Ripper- Wait what? Did Ripper even celebrate Christmas? I shook my head but kept his name on the list, deciding to think about it later. Seamus peered over my shoulder, trying to look at what I was getting him.

"Get off boy, go somewhere else for like 30 minutes" I shooed him away, kicking his jean covered leg as he laughed. Girls eyes followed after him, all trying to present themselves in the best way possible.

Too bad he hated women- me being the exception- and I let myself gloat at that fact. Seamus stopped a moment, turning to face me. "Be safe."

Who's older again?

I came out of a store an hour later, carrying so many bags I thought my arms would die. The woman in the shop, Carol, would not stop hounding me about the 'beautiful blonde boy' outside and whether he had a girlfriend. The look I gave her when I was fed up with her constant yabber shut her up straight away. God, her mouth was huge too. Just one of those facial features that you kept looking at, subtly, but still looked at nonetheless. 

My thoughts drifted to Ripper, who had been out on a run with dad outta town. They had been gone for about a week now, and the house was feeling lonelier than ever. Sure, I was a grown woman, but that didn't stop me from feeling alone. Guess you never really knew what you had until it was gone.

Ripper had been a constant presence in our house for the past months, and it surprised my dad a whole lot. "Usually we see him at least once a week, not everyday" Hugh mentioned in passing, eyes flicking to me before shrugging too slowly. 

"Must like the food you cook." I was a good cook for sure, but sometimes I dreamed that Ripper came over to see me. Ha, emphasis on dreamed. 

A wall appeared suddenly in my way, hard and oddly warm for a wall. A yelp sounded from my throat, but two strong arms caught me before I made a fool of myself in the mall. I looked up, knowing who it was from the way my heart beat in my chest.

Ripper angled a blonde eyebrow, pulling me up against his chest. His breath was hot on my face. "Careful there sugar"

Oh lord, why did his voice sound like molten chocolate with that nickname? I stepped back quickly, falling back into my old, confident self. "Judging by the bandages on your hands, I don't think you are in the right to say that" Stupid bikers. 

A smaller, but still strong arm slung around my shoulder, and I immediately leaned into Seamus, palming off some of the bags. What good was a prospect if he didn't carry your things? 

"Hey Ripper" Seamus' voice was less than interested. His eyes were bright as he looked to me, smiling widely. "What did you get me?"

I rolled my eyes, shaking him off and snatching the bags away again. "Greedy boy." Ripper's brows down turned, and he frowned slightly. Face still beyond beautiful though. "What's been going on?"