"Oh no. I just thought something happened," Marie took a sip of her water. "Like your tea spilt or something like that," Marie waved her hand as if it didn't matter.

"God I'd be dead if I had spilt tea," I chuckled, but thought about how much crap I truly would have been in.

"Don't worry. I'm fantastic at removing stains," Marie laughed with me. "Having two kids does the trick," Marie planted a huge smile on her face, showing off her pearly, white teeth.

"How are they? School has been keeping me busy. I haven't had a chance to visit," I attempted to relax my body, which had tensed when I spoke the dreadful word, school.

"Maybelle and Tanner are great. Couldn't be better," Marie nodded but kept her eyes focused on one of the cabinets. "Miss their dad though. Maybelle is always writing to him," Marie wiped away a stray tear from the corner of her eye.

"He'll be back before you know it," I walked over and pulled Marie into a hug.

"Thank you sweetheart," Marie rubbed my back in return. "I best be getting back to work. Your parents don't pay me for having chats with you," Marie threw her hands up in the air and made her descent back to the entertainment room.

"They surely don't," I whispered under my breath before going to set up for Lennie's arrival.

"So what's new?," Lennie wiggled her eyebrows as we sat in my bed snacking on candies we had threw into bowls.

"What's new? Nothing's ever new," I laughed and took a handful of smarties.

"Come on? Any gossip? Boyfriends I don't know about?," Lennie snickered as she took a bite of her snicker bar. How ironic.

"Gossip? The most gossip either of us hear is from Gina and her friends," I took a sip of my milkshake that we had made earlier. "And boyfriends?," I whacked Lennie on the leg and she simply rolled over, laughing in hysteria.

"Whatever," Lennie rolled her eyes and got up from my bed. "I feel like we need to do something. We always suck at planning what to do at our sleepovers," Lennie began twisting at her curls.

"I heard someone was planning on having a party," I bobbed my head up and down to the beat of the music we had turned on earlier.

"A party? Whose?," Lennie immediately became intrigued.

"Gina, but it's not at her house. It's being held in the outskirts of town," I took another sip of my milkshake, finishing it off.

"Over the tracks?," Lennie tilted her head, still playing with her hair.

"Yep. Out in the bad end of town," I wiggled my eyebrows, thinking maybe that it might scare Lennie off from the idea of actually going to the party.

"A bush party. Oh we've so got to go," Lennie jumped up and down before she began raiding my closet.

"No. I was joking," I got up, setting my empty glass onto my dresser.

"Too late. We're going," Lennie spun around holding out two sparkly dresses she had bought last year. "And we're going in these," Lennie began to shake the horrid dresses back and forth, allowing for them to shimmer in light.

"No way," I shook my head in disbelief.

"Yes way," Lennie's mouth curved into a smirk before she began walking closer to me.

Somehow I had ended up in the middle of nowhere, with booming music, too sweaty teenagers and the smell of alcohol. The tight fitting dress Lennie had forced me into was far too cold for the weather, even though the snow hadn't even come yet.