"Sounds like Chase's family is pretty powerful around here."

"That's exactly why I don't like coming. It feels like everyone sees me and wants to call it in like I'm some criminal on the loose," Natalia muttered.

"Good news is we're leaving tomorrow," Anthony said with a smile.

"And thank goodness for that because I don't think I could survive here one more day. I miss Chicago too much," Natalia laughed.

"It grew on you then."

"Chicago? Definitely," Natalia said as she turned away, "Anyways, I should probably go get dressed."

"Right," Anthony said, "I'll see you after."

As Natalia passed, she couldn't help but sniff the air.

Whatever cologne that is, is my new favorite smell, she giggled to herself.
-
-
-
Making the trek to the old baseball field by their neighborhood, the gang felt nostalgic about it all.

"That's where Adriana fell off of the pyramid sophomore year," Mason laughed.

"Yeah, and that's where you got rejected by Cynthia Reed," Adriana retorted as she stuck her tongue out at her older brother.

"Yeah, but I ended up taking her to prom, so who's the loser now," Mason said as he shrugged.

"Still you," Adriana laughed, "because you guys didn't actually date. It was a one time thing for the cheerleader auction."

"Ah, the cheerleader auction," Jessie laughed, "the stupidest idea ever."

"I have no idea what that is, but it does sound stupid," Anthony laughed.

"The Bonanza High 'Cheerleading Auction,'" Natalia began to explained, "It was where the cheerleaders would be auctioned for a date and all proceeds would go to a 'meaningful cause.' Cheer Camp."

"Natalia was the first one to go every year," Adriana giggled, "I remember when that one nerd won you junior year."

"The one time I would ever be grateful to Chase was that one night," Natalia said with a light laugh, "The nerd was getting too close for comfort and Chase just clocked him."

"He thought one night meant a whole relationship," Jessie laughed.

"The poor guy never even looked my way after Chase hit him," Natalia said.

"What about the time the scouts came to see us play, and Adriana and Mason got into a huge fight on the field," Kris said.

"That one was really bad," Adriana agreed, "I'll admit, I started it that time."

"Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun during high school," Anthony said to Natalia as the others began to bicker about differing memories.

"We did," Natalia agreed, "Life was just a lot easier when we were younger. I mean, I don't know if you feel that way."

"I do," Anthony said, "There was a lot less to think about it."

"But hey, at least you grew up to live out your dream of being a professional baseball player. Not everyone can say that," Natalia laughed.

"It was a hard route to get there, but so worth it," Anthony agreed.

"Do you miss it? Home," Natalia randomly asked.

"All the time," Anthony said, "It's where I grew up. It's where my family is. It's just filled with all these memories."

"It's weird because sometimes I actually do miss it here. I wish I could come back no problem, but it's just been ruined for me," Natalia sighed.

"It doesn't have to be," Anthony retorted, "You can always focus on the good and make new memories here."

"Thank you," Natalia said as she looked him straight in the eyes, "I'll be honest with you. I thought you were a douche bag and I wasn't looking forward to being partners for the wedding, but you've proved me wrong. So thank you."

"You thought I was a douche bag? Why," Anthony asked with a laugh.

"I have my reasons," Natalia giggled.

"So we're sticking with the whole 'ominous and mysterious' thing? Okay, I thought we were passed it, but okay," Anthony joked.

Natalia laughed as she turned away from him and looked back at her friends.

Everyone seemed so happy, and that meant everything.

---------------
So there was some Anthony and Natalia action in the end ‼️🎉 yay for that lol

For those that think I'm taking it too slow, I just don't want them to get together so fast. I want to develop their relationship and give it actual meaning

Also, the character Q&A is still a thing, so send in questions for any of the characters!

Until next time,
Gabby

PS: I just found out I passed my AP tests this year. Idk if any of you have taken them, but it's a super nerve wracking experience, and I'm literally beaming so hard rn 🎉‼️ ahhhhh, I'm so happy

The Bridesmaidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें