Chapter 3~

Chapter 3: Mia or Maria?

14 years later...

“Hey Mia, could you look after the cafe shop for tonight? Just until our boss comes back”, Rain asked me.

“Uh... Okay”, I answered.

Rain is one of the workers who work in the cafe shop where I’m currently doing my part time job. She asked me to look after the shop for tonight because she said it was her and her boyfriend’s monthasary. Well, it’s only for tonight. And besides, I don’t have any homework, project or a test due tomorrow, so it’s fine. Nothing will happen to me right?

Rain tossed the keys to the shop to me and said, “Always remember to lock the door, boss has her own keys though. I don’t really know why she even let’s someone to watch after the shop even though she has her own keys to go in”

Rain grabbed her bag from her locker and spoke, “Mia, be careful. The crime rate has risen especially rape cases”, she then handed me a stun gun, “Have this, just in case you’ll get into trouble”

Is she trying to scare me? I know some self defense moves, I’d like to see them try.  Rain walked out the door and left me alone the shop. I locked all the doors in the shop just like what she told me and closed all the lights except for the one outside the main entrance. I waited patiently for the boss to arrive while reading a few magazines and a manga borrowed from my classmates.

A few moments have past when I heard a loud noise outside. It was the trash cans outside... Well, that’s what I think it was since it was a loud clang. Maybe it’s just those stray cats scavenging for dinner... or maybe a burglar! I shook my head fast. No Mia! Don’t let Rain’s word haunt you! It’s just those stray cats. Yeah! Stray cats... Stray cats... Stray cats... Stray cats... I’m going to check to it out. I went out the back door where the trash cans where located. I tried to think positive as much as I can but it still had no effect, fear is overpowering me! I tiptoed slowly down the dark alley and gulped, when suddenly I heard a groan. EEK! W-What am I going to do!?  Should I bring out my stun gun?! I blinked once... The figure was rising! I blinked twice... the figure was standing! I blinked thrice... the figure was walking towards me! I prepared my stun gun for anything unnecessary.

“Mi—a?”

“AAAAAAAAAAH!” I shouted.... wait that voice.

I opened my eyes... Oh, it was only Bryan... Who was smelly and was covered with assorted garbage all over his body. Bryan is a classmate of mine by the way, if you want to know.

“Whoa!” he raised two hands up, “What’s up with the stun gun?”

I held back my stun gun and said, “What’s with the hairdo? You have a banana on your head and some chewed up Mentos stuck to your hair?”

“Oh this”, he took the banana peel of his head. “I bumped into the cans while walking to the backdoor of the cafe since the front door wasn’t open and you weren’t answering. It was pretty dark so I accidentally stumbled into these garbage cans”

“Oh. So why are you here?” I asked

“I’m here because-“

*Boogsh*

Before I had a chance to respond, Bryan was already sleeping cold on the ground. Then in front of me is a blonde man with glasses panting breathlessly... Seriously, what the fuck just happened?”

“Are you alright miss?” he asked

“WHAT THE HELL BRO?! YOU JUST HIT MY FRIEND!”

Alfred’s POV

“AAAAAAAAAAH!” I heard a loud scream somewhere.

I ran as fast as I could to the area where I think I heard the scream. I passed through different Alleyways and streets to find the person who called for help. I stopped at a cafe shop where I saw a girl, which I can’t really figure how she looks because of the darkness, and a man with assorted garbage on his head. I came to the conclusion that he was going to assault her. As the hero I ran towards the guy and punched him from behind that made him sleep cold on the ground.

“Are you alright miss?” I said panting breathlessly

She looked at me with a confused I don’t now face and shouted

 “WHAT THE HELL BRO?! YOU JUST HIT MY FRIEND!”

“What?” I said confused

“I said you just punched my friend from behind!”

I was really confused. So it was her friend who I... and.... WHAT? WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING?! First I heard a loud scream from her and then she shouts at me for hitting this person who I thought was a criminal.“You just screamed for help, right?” I said to her

She bit her lip and prevented eye contact from me, “Well... technically yes, But that’s not the point!”

“What do you mean that’s not the point?”

Seriously I’m getting confused here?

“Well the point is that... I didn’t shout “HELP!” right?”

“Then why did you scream if you didn’t want any of my help”

“Tch! I never “screamed” you to help me. And besides, screams are not only for expressing fear, what if your fangirling?”

I pointed at myself and said, “I’m a dude”

“FANBOYING!” she said in an instance.

I sighed. This girl going to change the topic in a few moments if this goes on. I decided to leave her there, if this conversation will just turn into a meaningless argument-- cut me some slack; I had enough arguments with England. Nevermind the dude on the ground, she screamed- I helped- end of story.

“Hey where are you going!” the girl protested as she ran off to catch me.

I didn’t mind her. I did my job done well and that’s all I’ve got to say. Her shouts at me didn’t stop me from walking down the sidewalk downtown, when I already got annoyed because she was still shouting and following me for the past 10 minutes. I stopped and sighed. This girl ain’t going without me saying sorry. I took a glance at her that made a static shock against my body.

Dark brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, petite height, light tan skin. There was no doubt, it was Maria. This girl looks exactly like her! I walked closer to her which kinda made her scare a bit. I leaned over to her to get a better look that creeped her out though. “Ma..ria?” I mumbled

She raised an eyebrow and pushed me off. “Dude, my name’s Mia not Maria. Now back to my friend at the shop, you-“, Before she can even continue I broke her words and said, “You don’t know me?” She  wrinkled her brows. “Why? Are you a person I should know?” She really doesn’t know me. I stood back straight again. She’s not Maria....

My Body Was Reincarnated...

Those words hit me like a heart attack. That’s right, Maria said she was reincarnated but she won’t remember me. I looked back at her. I wonder if she has her soul inside her. “Sorry if I freaked you out” I apologized. She Pssshhh... and said, “Me? Freaked out? Nawh! I was just weirded out” I faked a laugh and said “I can’t blame you for that” She smiled for a bit. Her smile... suddenly the moments Maria smiled flashed in my head like a movie when she suddenly asked me. “Hey! Hey! Helloooo?! Are with us?” I snapped, “Uh what? Wait? Fuck?” She raised an eyebrow , “You were spacing out just a moment ago? Anyway what time is it?” I looked at my watch and said, “Um... Uh... It’s 10:01” She rubbed her arm “I better get going. My boss might be looking for me and.... Ooooh! I forgot about Bryan” She hit herself with her palm, “Anyways, bye. You can always visit our cafe if you want. Maybe I’ll treat you for saving me... not saving... but, giving the effort to try to save me” then off she goes back to the cafe.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialled Arthur.”Hey England... There’s something I want to talk about”