Chapter 5~

Chapter 5: I've Always...

Omniscient

There was always a place Arthur wanted to spend his time with. A place only he owns... or so he thought. A place where he rests out of leisurely time... A place where he can play with his friends full of merry without others thinking he had lost his marbles...

A place where the air was always so refreshing and your surroundings so calm and peaceful... A place where grass grew freely along with a variant of flowers dancing seamlessly in the wind... A place where a single oak tree stood only for shade... A place he'd often compare to paradise.

In a meadow on the far off hills, Arthur would always play. He was always spinning around with his imaginary friends, tumbling onto the dirt, and laughing uncontrollably all day. Unlike the other children back in the day, he was extraordinary. Usually regular children would do nothing but play day and night, unlike Arthur who had to work leaving no time for play.

But what makes him much more special is that he had the power of those of a wizard. His eyes were full of magic, changing colours as much as they want to, seeing the things he doesn't want to. He is able to talk to things unseen by the naked eye, and also to the animals that surrounded him. His hands were the world to him, without these he would make a good for nothing wizard. He was given with such power that in a snap of a finger he can stop time without hesitation and destroy everything around him in a blink of an eye.

But with great power as we say... Always comes with great responsibility...

Arthur was taught by greatest wizards of all time... Wizards who have lived as long as he did. Wizards so powerful that they've almost reached the point of immortality. He had learned the beauty of witchcraft thanks to his mentors, but he has also learned the dark side of using magic... it's danger...it's evilness...it's manipulative power.

He studied for years. Memorizing spells, practicing them, and creating new ones as well. He would travel to places, finding magic herbs, fossil, and supernatural places to create different potions, charms, and to learn more of course...

He used his hands in casting spells, not until it was the right time for his teachers to gift him his wand. A wand he'd use to concentrate his power to avoid the hazards and risks of magic... even death. As he held the stick into his palm, he never let it go again. Always with him like it's a part of his body.

One delightful afternoon, Arthur decided to take a stroll to his meadow where there lived magical creatures only he can see. He thought of what he and his fairy friends could do... Would they play hide and seek? But he knew the fairies would always win since they were so tiny. Hmmm, maybe they would just take a ride onto the unicorn that soar them high in the sky.

He skipped happily, only to see that the meadow he loved so much was filled with bricks, wood, debris and people. They were building a castle in that area. His eyes widened in shock. The old oak tree was nowhere to be found. Arthur's heart sank... with his magical eyes, he saw his friends running away from him out of the meadow and into the moor. As much as he wants to ease the rage burning inside him, telling him to use the darkest of magic... He did not... Brutality is never the right answer

And on that day forth... he sought to bring back the meadow...

Then the day came where he claimed back the meadow, destroyed the old castle using the power of his people and by means of weaponry. Then when everything was clear he planted a tree... an oak tree...

As it grew throughout the years, his fairy friends came back little by little. Building little houses on the tree, swinging gloriously on it's leaf and helping it to grow faster and healthier.