Chapter 2~

Chapter 2: Untitled

“*sniff* Bloody bastard... * sniff* why did you have to die... *sniff*”, Romano talked to Philippines’ corpse that was lying inside her coffin as he tried to stop his tears from filling his eyes. “If I ever see you again, I won’t forgive you. I’ll slap you- No! I’ll punch you. Punch you in the face as hard as I can, and then I’ll hug you... And I won’t let you go.

What’s with that goofy smile on your face? Huh? Stop smiling! Stop smiling like you’re not dead you idiot!”

It was a fellow nation’s funeral... namely Maria, the Philippines’ funeral.  Each and every country in the world, whether they like or hate the nation who died they have to attend his/her burial. But one nation was missing in that scene...

“Have you seen Alfred, Arthur?” Canada walked over to England. He was dressed all in black and he was accompanied by his polar bear, Kumajirou, who was wearing black as well.

“No, I haven’t. I contacted him a couple of times already but he’s not answering”, Arthur said.

“Oh... I hope he’s just late. After all, Alfred would be the last person Maria would want to see”

The atmosphere was heavy and sad, not to mention it was also foggy at the area. Everyone spoke to each other with soft voices and gloomy poignant faces. Others were comforting some while they tried to stop tears from flowing. England went over a nearby lake far from the other nations. He looked at the water and saw he’s reflection, there he saw himself crying. He growled at himself and threw a rock at his reflection.

“How could you be so useless, Arthur!?” he shouted at his reflection

“You’re so useless. Why didn’t you do anything? To help her... Why? Why? WHY? Why am I so useless?

She always helped you Arthur, why didn’t you help her? You’re a strong and powerful country and she’s just a small weak one, but even though she’s in that state, even though she knows that she’ll be a burden to others she makes sacrifices so she won’t feel guilty about being useless. She does everything to help others and her people. What about you? Did you do anything? You- You just suck up all your pride! You only cared about yourself and competed with others, trying to reach the top and be the king of kings. But then you’ve forgotten your people, the people who helped you to be king. Without them maybe you wouldn’t be ruling or be king. You’ve forgotten others, your friends- no... My friends, the people who treated me as a friend... And Maria who needed my help”

He kneeled on the grass and stared at his shameful face. He slowly put his hands on his face to cover it and cry.

Maria...

I’m so sorry...

“Don’t blame yourself, Arthur” someone behind him said.

England stopped weeping and glanced over his shoulder to see who was calling his name. It was Francis.

“Oh, it’s you, you bloody frog”, I turned away from him and looked down, “Are you here to insult me? And also, how long have you been watching me?”

France sighed, “I’m not here to insult you. I’ve been sitting behind that tree for about an hour already when I heard you talking to yourself”

England stood up and faced the French man, “Then why are you here?”

“Don’t blame yourself. You weren’t useless, you were useful. You and Alfred were. You two gave so much effort just to save her. You even disobeyed the prime minister and queen’s word in order to save a friend. So don’t take the blame, it wasn’t your fault.