"I'm with your family." I pause after hearing this.

"You're lying." I try to remain unfazed, but the bundle of hope that is buried inside has broken through my wall.

"That's what I have been trying to tell you. We are here to break you guys free. Niccolo and Lorenzo are going after Robin right now. Marco did all the technical breaking in. Your parents are here with your uncles." 

"What about Enzo and Roman? The girls?" There's no way they would miss this opportunity. 

"Enzo and Roman were in here too, but I don't know where they went. Lia and Celeste are outside." 

The lights flicker off again.

"That must be Marco killing the backup generator." His voice sounds a lot closer. I step away from him.

"Here." Luca touches my shoulder with something. I grab it and figure out it's a pair of night vision goggles. Putting it on, we start walking towards the exit. I try not to look too closely at the dead bodies because ignorance is bliss. 

"It's a whole big family reunion." I mutter. It also means that if all of us die, then there's pretty much nobody left in the family. 

"Well, what are you waiting for. Let's get out of this place." I stare at Luca, who hasn't moved. He looks at me before leading the way. I follow after him, though I am still quite wary about him. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. 

He easily can make up this believable lie. I wouldn't know why he would want to lie to me, but it's better I stay cautious. 

We step outside and it seems surreal. The slight flickering of the hallway lights give off a very dim light so I can take off the goggles, which inhibit my vision. The hallways are surprisingly bare of people. I wonder where they have all been.

It also doesn't help that Luca knows exactly where he is going. He doesn't hesitate as he leads me to my doom.

I mean, he leads me to my "safety."

Along the way, we see some passed out or perhaps dead guards on the floor. Some are more gruesome than others. When Luca isn't paying attention, I pocket a knife and a handgun from one of the dead guards. Stuffing it down my waistband, I continue to watch Luca and the area.

"Step back." Luca says as he approaches the door. He pulls out a silencer which makes me tense up cautiously. Firing a couple bullets, he destroys the keypad. Prying the doors apart, he opens it just enough for us to fit in. 

We enter into what used to be the control room that I previously last saw Robin in. At least, it's what is left of the control room. All the monitors and screens are cracked and broken. The flickering lights make everything even more dreary and creepy than it already is. Several scientists and workers lay on the ground dead. I have to look away from the gruesome scene.

 It's a massacre. 

I look around for Robin but he's nowhere to be seen. There's no sign of life anywhere. 

"Who..who did this?" I ask Luca. I am a little afraid of what his answer is.

"We did." Lucian Barsetti comes out of fucking nowhere. Literally, where did he step out from? He's dressed in a nice black suit though his blazer is unbuttoned to reveal a stained white collar shirt. The blood splatters on his white shirt is the only connection to this scene. 

"Where's my brother?" I immediately pull out the gun and point it straight at his head. At this distance, I will not miss. He will be dead before he hits the ground.

"Always so hasty. That's how you'll get killed." 

"Like I want to be lectured by you of all people."

"Well, you can learn a lot from me." He eyes me with a peculiar look in his eye. It gives me the chills. "Isn't that right, Luca?"

"Of course, this would happen. This always happen to me." I sigh, not really surprised. I look to Luca, who stands with a gun pointing at my head. 

"Figures." I say as I lower the gun. "After so long, am I really just going to die here?"

"For such a smart girl, you are slow. Do you not understand your purpose here?" Barsetti answers my question with another question. Why is he playing some sort of mind game with me?

"No. Do you care to explain?" I could really go for one of those typical movie scenes where the evil guy explains his plan step by step in great detail. That would make things a lot easier. 

He turns around and heads to a door in the corner of the room, a door I haven't seen before. Luca nudges me to with his gun. He presses it against my back. Then he taps my back with the gun two short times. He taps and presses the gun against my back a couple more times as we follow Barsetti. 

He's talking in morse code. Now, that surprises me.

I haven't used morse code in a while. I'm a little rusty. Eventually I get his message:

IM ON YOUR SIDE. PLAY ALONG. 

This puts me in a mind fuck. I don't know whether to trust him or not. I don't have much time to decide before we enter the dark room after Barsetti. 

__

A/N 

Snuck in some writing during my internship teehee.

I hope you enjoyed.

I always love reading the comments, bad or not, so please let me know if you enjoyed!

Also, my updates are currently one week or two weeks, so please refrain from repeatedly messaging me when I'm going to update again! 

I feel like I need to remind everyone once again that writing on wattpad is a hobby of mine. I do it for fun BUT i do it for my fans/followers/readers who happen to enjoy reading my work. 

I am a currently interning abroad full time with an hour long commute everyday. I will do my upmost best to update, but hours will be irregular :(

I really really appreciate those who have stayed with me, those who have just started reading my work, and those who continue to support me.

Vote if you liked <3 

Thank you!