Why Summer School is Glorious

'Where have you been?' 

I have never sympathized with exhausted TLC moms more than I have this past month. Before school even let out, my eldest son began a fun new phase of waking up as soon as LIGHT ENTERED THE WINDOWS. I've been living my days as an exhausted pigeon, juggling kids, writing, and everything else.  I have gone through enough coffee to verge on heart palpitations. 

I have been writing. A lot for separate projects but I have been writing. I have several chapters mostly or half completed for various works. I've written several short stories. I've smashed my face into the keyboard a few times. I've also been plotting, planning, and building my brand as an author. Expect big changes coming soon to my profile appearance x_x

BUT the biggest obstacle, the biggest enemy is sneaking in dedicated writing time with the kids in the house. The other day, I had a wonderful writing session and discovered at the end one of the kids filched a pen and wrote all over the walls of his room. I'd be furious if I had the energy. 

A lot of writing time happens at night, lying in bed, falling asleep at the keys

A lot of writing time happens at night, lying in bed, falling asleep at the keys. Granted, it's funny to read the next day but frustrating. 

Today is the first day of the extended summer school program. Both my kids are going. It helps them, it helps me, keep sane over the long summer months. They keep up with their studies, play with peers, and burn some of that endless energy. My eldest might actually sleep through the night tonight. Summer school means 4 hours of alone time. It means catch up naps/ housework/ writing and guarantees a couple easy hours in the afternoon. I am going to enjoy every second of it, and hopefully utilize it as much as I can.

Because August is going to be hell.