t h i r t y s i x

💮 m a k e n n a 💮

"Surprise bitch, bet you thought you'd seen the last of me." I said pushing my wet hair out of my face, slightly angry they hadn't let me inside sooner.

"Makenna?" Devon asks, clearly still in shock I was actually standing in front of her.

"Devon?" I mocked her, as she began to move forward and pull me into a hug. "I'm sorry for hurting you, it was never my intention. You kept ignoring my text message and I couldn't live with you not talking to me again, so I came to apologize."

She stayed silent but I could tell she was crying by the way she was breathing. What I couldn't tell was much from her house by the darkness but I could hear Rizzo's yapping from the basement, voices from the bottom of the steps.

"Rizzo no!" I heard a deep voice as the dog darted out past me into the storm.

"Oh my god." Devon said finally letting go, running out into the storm after the dog.

"Devon wait." I called dropping my Chanel bag on the floor and running out with her, someone following shortly following behind me.

I ran after her having to stop only once to catch my breaths, you could tell she was back into her soccer grind by how quickly she was running after the stupid dog. I had eventually tripped and fell over the a speed bump in the road, landing face first in the now flooded street.

Devon turn around in the rain with the dog in her hands, looking down at me laying flat out in the middle of the street laughing. She hands the dog over to whoever the hell it was that followed after me out the door, now offering me a hand up. I pull her down into the puddle with me as she splashes down, clearly mad at me she grabs a chunk of mud from someone yard and slings it at me.

"Devon what the fuck." I said defending myself and throwing some back as this seemed like the beginning of a full out war.

"You were hanging out with Stacy and that fucking hurt me Makenna."

"Devon Clinton is a piece of shit, him and Stacy mean nothing to me."

"Then why did you post that picture?" She said now screaming at me in between chunks of mud flying between the two of us, the rain making it only worst. "Clearly that meant something to you."

"Stacy hurt you I know, I'm sorry about that I always will be. But she's not as bad as you think, Clinton does not define Stacy as a person."

"Makenna, that makes no sense."

"Devon, you're my best friend." I said as the mud stopped flying for a minute. "Stacy's cool, she's whatever when you don't think about Clinton. But she'll never be Devon Marie Alderman, no one ever will be."

"Do you mean that?" She said, the rain covering her assumed tears. "Do you really mean that Makenna?"

"More than anything in the world Devon, but you have to understand that you were my happiness and I wanted to fill the void. Stacy wasn't all that and she's not what I wanted, but Mitchel is one of my best friends in the world besides you. And you can't take away my new happiness away because his brother took yours, that's like me saying you can't hang out with Jeff because Mitchel knows Clinton's not over you."

"Devon, we need to get back inside." Whoever was holding the dog shouted over the heavy wind. "The storm is picking up again, bad."

"Dude were having a moment." I shush him, the rain too heavy for me to figure out who he was.

"Clinton's not over me?" Her voice lowers. "Makenna I don't want to do that to you." Devon said standing up, giving me another hand up. "You can be friends with Stacy,Mitchel, Clinton, I don't care. I just never want to loose you again."