Chapter 15-Wake Up

I woke up to the sound of a loud siren, followed by an irritated roar

I woke up to the sound of a loud siren, followed by an irritated roar. Eventually, I was forced to open my eyes when the ringing didn't stop.

The sun was literally just starting to rise. Shir was already making her way down the amphitheatre stairs, and I leapt up to meet her when she got to the bottom.

I patted her and whispered in her ear to calm down, but she only ended up roaring again.

The sound was obviously hurting her. I glanced back at tunnels where it was coming from and cursed when I realized it was getting louder.

"Go back into the woods, Shir." I instructed. "I'll come find you."

She hesitated before turning away and sprinting off.

"What the hell is that noise?" Jake had caught up with me.

I put my hands to my ears. "How am I supposed to know?"

When we got back to the huts, everybody was slowly emerging out of their rooms.

They all seemed to have the same grumpy look on their faces. It wasn't surprising since they were all woken up abruptly at the crack of dawn.

I glanced over at the hut Malvin and I had been given and noticed the door hadn't opened yet.

My jaw dropped.

You know those moments when you just can't believe what you're seeing?

Even if it's happening right in front of your eyes?

This was one of those moments.

Malvin opened the door, which was perfectly normal -and then next thing I know-

Bam!

Veera followed behind him, sheepishly.

Jake hadn't noticed yet because he was too busy cursing about the noise, so I elbowed him in the stomach.

"What?" He asked.

And then he saw it, and suddenly he looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"Tell me it's a trick of the light," I mumbled.

"If it is we're both seeing it."

"Can we un-see it?"

"I don't think so," he confirmed.

I'd been so overwhelmed by what was going on that I'd barely noticed the alarm stop.

Jake and I slowly started walking over to them, but Jeremiah stepped out in the centre to address everyone.

We paused reluctantly to listen since we were both eager to find out what the hell was going on.

"Sorry for the early morning wakeup," began. "But it's a fresh start to a new day. I'm sure you've all heard that we have some new guests. Everyone please welcome: Pacem Creed, Jake Maxwell and Veera Mercia."