You are the next Avenger

53 views that's amazing!! I never thought anyone would even read my story so thank you for reading. I'm really sorry that this chapter is a bit short and that I haven't updated in a while I have been having friend problems. So I hope you like it and if you have any questions or any thing like that you want to know or you have any ideas don't for get to comment and vote.

Captain Americas POV

We had just come back from helping the fantastic 4. They had had another run in with Dr Doom and they contacted the Avengers for some assistance. We had spent the last 4 months in Latveria (Dr Dooms country) trying to stop him from releasing an army of robot things. In the end he fled but we destroyed all the robots and the plans for them.

It had been the longest we have ever been away for and I was really missing Kate, we all had. It was decided that The 4 would come and visit the tower to meet Kate and go over some details. Even after 15 years they hadn't met her but they had heard all about her.

When we reached the living quarters of the tower I was stunned to find Director Fury standing in the middle of the living room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Tony asked, "and another thing who let you in?"

"Kate let me in and I was waiting for you lot to arrive." He replied

I walked over to him. "Well I'm afraid you're going to have to wait a while because I have to go and see my daughter."I said with a nod "by the way where is she?" I asked him.

"I'm right here",I heard a familiar voice from behind me. I turned around and there she was my beautiful daughter with her back up agents the door frame that leads to the kitchen. I smiled

"Hey Sweatheart" I said as I walked over. I put my arms around her and gave her a hug.

"Missed you" I heard her muffled voice say.

"I missed you too" I gave her a slight squeeze and let go. "How's things?" I asked.

"Better now you're here,"she replied. I smiled and let her go.

"On another note why did you let him in?" I turned to look at Fury.

"Well that's the thing,"she said sounding unsure of her self"

"Kate what is it?" I said in a sterner voice. She looked at me and started to play with her fingers; she stopped and took a deep breath.

"They want to make me an avenger!!"  She blurted out

"WHAT??"

Kate's thoughts/POV

*Ding dong*

"Kathleen director Fury is at the door" I heard JARVIS say.

Honestly I didn't like the fact that he was literally watching me all the time.

"JARVIS how many times call me Kate!!" I say.

No matter how many times I tell him he never does.

"Ok Jarvis let him in and tell him I'll be there in a second."

I took another punch at the punch bag. I was thinking about my family. If they were ok or not. I knew a bit about Dr Doom before they went but when they left I had Jarvis show me all the information about him I also found out about the fantastic 4. Sure I'd heard of them but I wanted to know more and they are pretty interesting.

I couldn't help thinking I was the odd one out with the people I live with. They all have amazing powers or ability's and then there's me. Plain old Kathleen Rodgers, the daughter of Captain America!! YAY for me!!

Yeh there's upsides of living here. Like I get to spend to us money, I get to be trained by the very best, I get to know secrets about too secret things. But the down side is, I don't really know many people my age, and I've never really had a chance to be a normal 15 year old.

I started to hit the bag harder and harder.

Someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned in my heels to see director Fury behind me, he had a smile on his face.

"Really?"I asked

"What?"

"Why couldn't you just stay down stairs like I asked"

"Well let's just say that I don't like to wait", he said knowingly I rolled my eyes.

"And" he added "I have some news I think you're going to be interested in."

"And what is that I ask" putting my hands on my hips.

"Well you know how every year at S.H.E.L.D we evaluate you and your ability's and your development." He raised an eye brow at me as if waiting for me to say something.

I nod and put a fake smile on my face. I hate the test they put me through. It's the same every year but it gets harder. First there is a written test. It's all about strategy's and what you would do In certain situations.

The second test is field. You are put in to a fighting simulator and you act as though you are in an actual battle.

Not meaning to sound cocky but I always do well in the tests. I put it down to living with the world's most powerful people. They have trained me in ways some people can only imagine.

It's because I'm a liability. I'm their weak spot so they made sure that I knew how to defend myself. No wait let me rephrase that they taught me how to kick ass if I needed to.

"Well after comparing your test results we at S.H.E.L.D have decided to place you in the avengers program." He says.

"WHAT??" I start to choke on the air that I'm breathing. I slump down on the mat's next to me in the gym.

"You can't be serious I mean I don't even have any powers!!" I whisper

He looked at me and he cocked his head to the side.

"Well look at Natasha and Barton they don't have any powers."

I frowned "Yeh but you know what I mean" I said annoyed

"Look Kate you are the best one for it. These people are your family you get on better with them than any one. And you have skills that will be crucial in battle."

Wow was fury attually giving me a compliment? That's a first.

I sighed "well ok I'll give it a go."

"Excellent I will be round in the morning for a complete briefing" He said a little up beat

Before I could reply I heard JARVIS

"Kate I need to inform you that your family is exactly 5 minutes away from the tower"

"YAY dads coming home" I squealed like a little child

Fury just looked at me and then it hit me. I was going to have to tell him about this.

"Right quickly come with me" I say standing up and walking towards the door. As I go I start undoing the tape on my hands.

"Where are we going?" He asked

"To the living room" I replied. "I need this situation to look as normal as possible."

He followed me to the living room just in time I could hear the elevator moving and I knew they were coming.

"Stand there so it looks like you were talking to me", I said pointing to the middle of the room. He did as instructed and I leaned up agents the opposite wall that led to the kitchen.

"I'm going to tell them" I said

He nodded and just at that moment in they walked.

Hi thanks for reading this next chapter

Also if you have any ideas pleases comment because I really want to know what you think. Thanks!!!

BTWimoriginal_x