2.25 | Deal With A Raizada

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going to do that to you." He remained firm, and I truly wonder how it is possible for him to have that much control.

"Keep that up, and I will have no choice but to think you love me too." I point out to him before turning to leave.

I knew he would continue to look out for me. I just don't get why he is holding himself back. And, to be honest, I was not worried about hugging him. We've already hugged multiple times before. Granted, it was to pull me out of an attack. Still, the bottom point was that we had and if the idea didn't scare me, I am hoping actually hugging him wouldn't either.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

The guests had started arriving by the time we emerged from Anjali's room after I had helped Anjali decide on how to leave her hair. Anjali greeted her guests - friends and employees - as they greeted her and I found Payal. Aakash, Sheetal, and fellow coworker and few other coworkers joined as well. That was when the atmosphere seemed to turn normal. With a huge group, not many focused on Lavanya being a part of the group.

I excused myself when I saw the manager of the catering company looking around. I assumed he was looking for Arnav, who was lost in the crowd. "Hi, can I help you with anything?"

The lady looked hesitant while she answered, "Uh, I was looking for Mr. Raizada."

"He's a bit pre-occupied. Can I be of any help?"

"No, that's alright. I had to collect my check from him, but I can look for him another time." She turned to leave, but I stopped her.

"A check? Come with me." I walked her to the kitchen before pulling out a check book from my clutch along with a pen. "How much was it for?" I asked. When the lady narrowed her eyes, I smiled, "He's still the one paying you, don't worry about that."

She named the amount and I wrote it out after signing it with my name. Yes, the check book was Arnav's and if asked why I had it in my clutch, there would be no proper answer. I just did and I remembered seeing it in my clutch when I had opened it in Anjali's room to get a pin out. Being his fiancé, I could write a check and sign it as well.

I handed it over to the manager, who feebly thanked. I then walked back to the hall to look for Arnav. It was best I give it back to Arnav before I carried it around and lose it somewhere. With so many guests at home, it wouldn't be wise. I found him talking to some of his department managers and I fought the urge to scold him. Even in a party, he was surrounded by business. What was I supposed to do about him? He just couldn't seem to forget about work.

I tapped Arnav's shoulder. He turned at the touch. Seeing me, he turned back to the men and said, "Excuse me." He walked a couple of steps away from them with me walking beside him.

I held out the check book. "Could I ask what this was doing in my clutch?"

He looked at it, "Oh, this. I needed to write a cheque for the caterers. It wouldn't fit in my pocket so I kept it in your clutch. I forgot to tell you."

I inform, "Well, I found their manager looking for you, so I wrote it out for her." When he didn't reply and just showed acknowledgement, I asked, "Can you keep this with you? I would keep my clutch anywhere and forget it. I wouldn't want this to get lost."

"No one can do anything with a check book without any of our signatures. It's okay if you misplace it." He didn't seem to care much about losing it.

"Still, if it can be avoided." I pressed.

He sighed, "Okay, I'll go put it back in your room."

I smiled and asked, "Oh, and one more thing. Could you not talk business for atleast one night?"