36. Shock {Harry}

36. Shock {Harry}

►► “I See Fire” by Ed Sheeran

__________________________________________

Franz hug was what welcomed me once we got out of the radio’s studio. Her breathing was uneven and shallow, and she looked like she was in shock. The boys gave us alarming and questioning looks and I only shook my head meaning I don’t know anything. I only wrapped my arms around her, not knowing what to do or what to respond.

“Franz, did you run all the way here?” Louis asked as we slowly ascended going downstairs.

“I-I had to,” she stuttered. “The lift going here was too slow – you have to know quickly –”

“Wait, wait,” Liam said. “You know, I think we should all go down to the van and talk about this. Have you told Sheila on whatever you’re going to tell us right now?”

She shook her head wildly. “No, not yet,” she said. “She’s still at her own assigned van, waiting – she’s a few cars away from my van –”

“OK, let’s go,” Niall said. “C’mon –”

“No, you have to know this right now,” she said, and inhaled in a huge gasp of air and exhaled heavily. “Ted’s dead.”

“Boys, you should all go now,” Preston said, pushing us gently going towards the elevator. “C’mon, now – you can continue this at the van –”

“Ted? As in Ted Thorne?” Louis said, sounding a bit like he’s been choked. “He’s dead? Our manager’s dead?”

I grabbed Franz’ shoulders and shook her a bit. “Are you serious? Does Tanya know about this?”

“Harry, I don’t think you should grip Franz that tight,” Preston said from behind us. “Franz, are you even serious about what you’re talking about? Ted’s busy doing his family’s old business at somewhere in Australia and –”

“Wait – Australia?” Franz cut him off, her face ashen. “Ted’s in Australia?”

“Yeah,” Preston said. “Well...before. He just got back in London.”

“Shit,” she muttered under her breath. “Harry, please, let go of me,” she added louder and I immediately did. “We’re gonna have to tell Sheila about this. Sheila knows Red more than we do.”

“Red?” Zayn repeated. “You mean he was there when Ted was killed?”

“Red – the ex-con businessman who’s also the head of the British Intelligence now?” Preston asked, eyebrows rising.

“Yes and yes,” Franz said, resting her forehead on her hand. “Oh, God, this is not going to end well.”

-:-:-:-