34. Midnight Conversations {Harry}

►►“Never Knew I Needed” by Ne-Yo.

____________________________________________

It’s great to be able to tell someone about what you’re feeling. It’s like a big thorn has been pulled out of my balloon and deflated slowly. Feelings shouldn’t be kept inside because they make your thoughts go fuzzy and incoherent.

Franz has been very nice and consoling to me, and after my shameless crying, she tried making me laugh. I haven’t even told the boys yet, but I think they knew it coming – they heard my argument with Sophie over the phone when we were done with the interview. And they tried hard to take my mind off of it for until we start recording, but it ended with me ignoring them a lot.

“What happened outside?” Sheila asked, sounding a bit alarmed as me and Franz went inside. “Have you been crying, Harry?”

“Perhaps we can write a song about it. You know, do it Taylor Swift-style,” Niall abruptly suggested before I could talk. Franz sat back down on the couch we occupied earlier and I did the same.

“Are you running out of ideas already?” Franz asked, snorting. “Because that is the worst idea I’ve heard today – next thing you know, Louis might be saying, ‘Like ever’ in one of your songs. And then Harry goes on discussing about the break-up-over-the-phone-scene.”

“Taylor’s not such a bad songwriter,” I said, eyebrows rising.

“Yeah, until she decided it’s good to go pop after breaking up with you and realizing she has a lot of fans,” Franz said, taking out her phone. “Sorry now if I sound so much like a bitch, but she has more potential with her poetry when she was in country.”

“This is why sometimes, I don’t go talking to her about music because she’d turn anything into a debate,” Sheila said after a short moment of silence. “Hey, Julian, maybe we could make a song about Harry’s break-up. Does that sound good? He’s being worthless just sitting here.”

“Hey!”

-:-:-:-

It was quite late when we got back to our hotel, and everyone was exhausted that we barely said anything in the lift. We immediately went to our own rooms after a few mutters of goodbyes, wishing each other good luck on the radio interview we were going to do next morning. But once I was ready to go to bed, I couldn’t sleep.

My thoughts keep on coming back to our argument. Sophie sounded so mad, and she didn’t even let me defend myself. Her words were jabs and quick, and she misguided me as someone many media personnel thought of me – as a womanizer. And for God’s sake, it’s like she forgot it was Franz I was with, and she didn’t even think about it. Franz and I were just friends.

Friends.

I close my eyes and let out a sigh, and opened my eyes again. I turn to look at the moonlight seeping into the room through the windows because of the curtains pushed and tied at the sides. Why do I feel like I’ve done something really wrong in my life and I ought to be correcting it while I can?