19. Surprise {Franz}

No matter how much payback is a bitch, jetlag is even bitchier. One of the worst side effects of travelling another country is having a really bad jetlag because of the different time zones, and you don’t know what exactly to do next because you’re confused. And jetlag is like 60% more powerful than fun in travelling, for me.

The Foro Sol in Mexico City is so huge that it’s awesome the boys are able to sold out. The fans must’ve waited for so long, thanks to Ted’s sudden change of plans and extension on their small vacation. But, nonetheless, their favourite boy band is here to sweep them off their feet for tonight’s show!

OK, I can’t believe I just said that.

Anyways, the rest of the crew were already here, including the security and the lads, Tanya and Sheila would just catch up from their hotel. I could already hear a few of the fans squealing in excitement outside at the chairs. It’s amazing they could keep that energy until tonight, and it would even be doubled.

And now, let’s just hope that nothing would ruin tonight because it’s going to be perfect – I could just tell.

-:-:-:-

Fortunately, nothing bad happened during the show and everyone had a good time. Another success, happily reported. After it, the boys proceeded to their hotel and decided to stay out and check out Mexico City. Tomorrow night would be their last show for here and then we’d be proceeding to Sunrise, US.

“Please don’t stay out so late,” Sheila reminded them when they were about to get a lift down.

“Don’t worry, mum,” Niall teased, grinning. “We’ll make sure Zayn doesn’t get reckless when he gets drunk, and that we’d be home past midnight and wake up the next day with a horrible hangover.”

I laughed beside Sheila, while she rolled her eyes but there was a smile on her face. “That sure is bound to happen, Horan,” she said. “Just don’t make use of the fact that Tanya has turned into an angel and became nice to all of us.” She looked at me and gave me a nudge. “Maybe it’s because she was pretty shaken by the time you threatened her.”

I only gave her an innocent grin. “We don’t know,” I said. “Maybe she just figured out when to step down.”

“Well, setting that aside,” Louis said excitedly, “we’d better get going.” He lifted his chin up, pretending to look so arrogant. “Mexico’s waiting for us.”

Sheila snorted and the rest of us laughed. “Nobody’s waiting for you, Tomlinson,” she said, and then turned serious. “Just call if you notice something wrong or you got into trouble, and will be sent to jail. We’ll bail you out.”

“Don’t worry, Sheila,” Liam said. “I’m sure I’d be sober when I call you. Besides, some of the security will be going undercover to come along with us. I think they were planning to disguise as bouncers.”

“OK, OK,” Harry said. “If we don’t go any sooner, I think I’d rather stay here –”

“No! You have to come with us!” Zayn said, the variation of his voice sounding a bit funny; something like he wants to dish Harry with some kind of gossip (though I can’t really imagine Zayn acting like that, but who knows?)

They all began to walk towards the lift – again – and waved their hands in goodbye just as the doors slid to close. Sheila and I were sharing a room (thankfully, Tanya wanted to stay in a room all to herself) because of many reasons, so we walked together inside to it.

When we arrived there, a brunette – about in her mid-twenties – maid came out with her pushcart of cleaning materials. She gave us a smile and then walked away rather too quickly, pushing her cart. I gave Sheila a look and she said,

“Something is definitely off with that woman.”

I didn’t comment anything but just pushed the door open and went inside. Sheila closed the door behind me as I reached for the switch to turn the lights on. The space was enough for two people, two single beds and a bathroom. That wouldn’t be really a problem. Even the design of the room was minimalist; nothing really wrong with that. Our bags were on top of the beds.

“What’s that?” Sheila suddenly said, walking towards the bed where my things were placed on. She picked a small envelope from on top of the bag, brought the bag down the floor and sat on the bed. I quickly went near her and sat down too.

“You take it, it was on top of yours,” Sheila said, giving the envelope to me.

I pursed my lips, hesitantly taking the envelope. It was the one where you would expect a wedding invitation would be placed in – but nobody I know is getting married. I pulled out the piece of folded paper inside and unfolded it, its smell hitting my nose. Scented paper. A note was written in an impressive and clean cursive.

This is America and it’s also the modern times, so I don’t think I’ll bother you with writing in Shakespeare style. Anyways, I’m sending this to you so you won’t be so surprised. I’ll be meeting you in, let’s say...tomorrow?

OK. Who the hell is this?

***

Now that you think about it, we’re nearly in the middle of the book – and we still don’t have anybody to cast as RED. Guys, comment any celebrity you think would be fitting in the role of our main archenemy because I can’t think of any.

Just imagine a cunning-looking man in his 40’s, the type where you think he’s not 48 and he could do a lot of trouble. And if you could find someone who’s Irish, all the better! :)

Vote and comment! If you think it’s worth it, share this to your friends.

P.S. Happy birthday to one and only Zayn Malik (unless there’s another person who also has his name).