Chapter 21: It's Called The Past For A Reason

"ANILAHHH!"I exclaimed running out my house as my best friend walked up the driveway. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you more Stella." Anilah said laughing. "I have to put you on to sooo much."

"Well come on! My dad would be happy to see you."

After a quick little reunion session with my dad and Anilah, we went up to my room for our own reunion session.

"Okay. Spill."

"Well, I was at this college party right? And I swore I wasn't going to drink but this really hot and when I say hot Stella? He was hotter than the sun. But anyways, he brought me a drink and I know you're not supposed to take drinks from strangers, but I don't know I did. So, after refusing, I finally gave in and then we sat there for hours talking and he's just the sweetest thing ever."

"What's his name?"

"Steven Wright." Anilah swooned.

"He sounds really good but please don't get attached too fast. Please."

"I know Stella. Trust me I understand you dont want what happened to you to happen to me."

"No, thats not i-."

"Yes it is. But come on Stella. The past is called the past for a reason. Please let go of what happened because you can't let it haunt you for the rest of your life."

"She's right Stella."

We turned to see my dad standing in the doorway.

"I know you dont wanna hear this from your old man but listen. You're a beautiful woman. You've overcome everything life has thrown you. That whole Carter and Parker situation is in the past. Its time to leave it there. And while you're still my baby girl and I dont want you dating anyone until your 50, I agree with Anilah. Its time to get out there and meet someone."

"You're right guys. But you dont understand.. There's things I havent told you about Carter. He was my first official "boyfriend". I trusted him with a lot. I even gave him my virginity.."

"What?" They said in unison.

"I know I know. It was stupid. But I trusted him. I really trusted him. And I dont know if I can put that trust into someone again. Everytime I think about it, it just reminds me of how stupid I was."

"You're not stupid Stella. I promise you that. Nobody could've told you Carter was going to kill you. Or hurt you in any way."

"But thats the thing. Alexis did try to warn me. She really did. And. And." I started but I couldn't finish because I had started crying.

"Its okay honey. Take your time."

Taking a deep breath, I continued. "And I ignored her. I treated her like shit and pushed her away. And then when we finally made up, I dragged her along with my mess and got her killed."

"Stella! No! Carter shooting Alexis is not your fault! You wanted to stand up for yourself and you did. Carter got what he deserved. Alexis knows you had no fault in this so please stop blaming yourself. We all love you."

" I love you guys too." I said wiping my tears. "Thank you for being here."

"Anytime love. Anytime." My dad said kissing my head before leaving. "Now I'll leave you girls alone. I love you."

"Bye dad. Thanks again."

Once my dad left, things went back to normal.

"Okay. So when are we going to take that awesome car of yours?" Anilah smiled.

"You up for right now? I need to emotionally shop my heart out right now."

"Of course! Let's go!!!" Anilah squeaked jumping up almost, well not almost she did jump up immediately. By the time I told my dad, she was already in the car. AND she honked the horn. Man, this girl is crazy but I love her.
*****
When we arrived at the mall, we had the plan of only going to a couple stores. But when I tell you that went out the window? It went out of every window of every store we went too. We had to make 3 trips to the car because of how many bags we had. From makeup, to shoes, to regular clothes, to dresses, the list goes on and on and on. I knew my dad would have a mini heart attack, but hey! I barely do this and I needed new clothes anyway. After we've hit all the stores, we ruled ourselves exhausted. After grabbing a quick bite from a nearby drive through, we made our way home to get ready for an extremely needed sleepover. Since me and my dad did a major makeover on our house with the money from the first million downloads of the house, we no longer had to watch movies in the living room. We settled down in my bed with snacks and looked around the room where there were bags everywhere. After looking through some of the bags, we decided on watching the movie 'Let It Shine.' We were in the middle of singing terribly to the lyrics when my dad knocked.

"Goodnight girl-... WOAH! What'd you guys do? Buy the whole mall?"

"No dad." I said laughing. "We didnt go to the stores on the top floor. We were exhausted before we could think about it."

"Of course. Well I'm happy you enjoyed yourselves. Goodnight girls."

"Goodnight dad! I love you."

"Goodnight Mr.Williams. Thank you for having me."

"I love you too sweetheart and no worries Anilah. You're family." Before walking off, my dad flashed one more smile.

"So. What..*YAWN* Movie do you want to watch next?"

"I dont *YAWN* know whatever you have in mind*YAWN*.

*****

THE NEXT MORNING

Okay so obviously we didn't get through to choosing the next movie.

We woke up to the smell of bacon and that's all we needed. Usually, it's hard for me to wake up before 12, but this was an exception. After brushing our teeth, we ran downstairs.

"Well looks who's up bright and early." My dad said laughing.

"Haha dad. This isn't for you." I said grabbing a plate and then some bacon and waffles. "Its for this ." I said holding up a slice of bacon before downing it. "No offense of course." I smiled .

"I'm hurt." My dad said obviously faking his taking of offense.

"Its okay dad. I love you, but bacon will always come out on top."

After we ate and cleaned up, I thought about what I wanted to do today. The lazy part of me didnt want to go anywhere, but at the same time, I'm always locked up in my dorm doing work. So I decided to ask my dad for something the 6 year old me always liked.

"Dad?"

"Yes love?"

"Can we take a road trip?"

"Sure. To where?"

"I think you know where." I smiled.

"Ahh you sure you haven't outgrown it?"

"Oh of course not. You sure you're not too old?"

"Oh of course not."

"I guess we're going to Hershey park then?"

"HERSHEY PARK?!?! OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT PLACE!"

"Okay okay guys go pack and get ready, I'll go call the guys at work."

And with that, we were packed and ready to go for the best week of our lives.
*****
THE NEXT WEEK

When we got home from Hershey park, we all agreed a nap was in order. After that, we'd help my dad with his business before we had to go back to college. And in the long run, it helped me because of me wanting to be a lawyer and if I was going to be working with kids, I needed to know about the system. ****
After we got back from Hershey park, time pretty much flew. Before we knew it, we were saying our goodbyes once again.

But I didnt know it'd be the last thing I would say to my dad.

In person anyway....