Chapter 14: I'm.... Sorry

AUDREY

I still couldn't believe it. After all this time of constantly being on Stella's ass, I failed to realize that I was the one that was the bitch. I'm not trying to sound cliche or nothing, but she didnt deserve it. Especiallly not after Alexis died. God, How could I have had been so cruel ? I didnt hate myself because come on.. Thats a little excessive. But I did feel bad. So I decided to apologize... Whether she accepted it or not, she needed to know I was sorry.

And that I meant it.

************
When I got to school, the first thing I did was look for Stella. When I spotted her sitting with a couple of people I approached her.

"Stella ? Can I talk to you? "

*********

Stella's P.O.V

"Stella can I talk to you?"

I looked up and saw Audrey standing in front of me. She had this look on her face that I couldn't figure out.

"Uhh.. Yeah sure.."

I walked with Audrey until we were by the parking lot gate.

"So.. What's this about ?" I said eyeing her.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for everything. I know I've been acting like a real bitch late-"

"You could say that again" I muttered under my breath.

"Please. Just let me finish." Her eyes were filled with... Plead?

No. Audrey was actually trying to apologize..

"Anyways, I just wanted to say I was sorry. I shouldn't have been acting like such a bitch towards you. If you forgive me, I want to start over. As friends... If not, I get it.." She finished quietly.

"Why now? Why after being such a bitch you feel sorry? is it because you realize there's nothing you could do to bring me down anymore? Or is the fact that you just feel so sorry for yourself you think apologizing would make up?"

I was beginning to get angry. I don't know why. This girl had made my life a living hell and now she wants to be friends?

"You know what? Forget it. I don't even know why I tried." She said as she walked away.

"Audrey wait." I called out to her. She stopped in her tracks and turned around.

*********

"Audrey wait.." Stella called out to me.

Turning around I looked at her.

"I dont know why you tried either." Was all she said before she walked past me and didnt even bother looking back.

What the fuck ? I tried being nice and this is how she acts ? Are you really fucking kidding me right now ?

'What'd you expect? You made that girls life a living hell. If I was her, I wouldn't forgive you either."

I turned around and saw a familiar face.

"What are you doing here Shane? Shouldn't you be with your bitch Melissa? Or was it Jalissa? I'm sorry I still get them mixed up. After all they are twins..."

"And that's exactly why you were just turned down by Stella. She is absolutely the nicest person you could meet but somehow you got her to break out that shell. Too Bad it backfired on you."

"Why are you even here Shane? I don't need your opinion." I said beginning to walk away.

"Thats your problem Audrey. You always think your so much better than everyone. And now look you're all alone."

I stopped in my tracks. Why did everyone keep telling me that ?

I was NOT a loner. I still had friends.

"I have friends. Shane. " I said turning to glare.

"Yeah right." He scoffed. "Later Audrey."

What.The.Hell?

Was all I could asked myself as I stood there.

Alone.

******

When I got home, I showered, and then later flopped onto my bed. What the hell was I supposed to do? Everyone at this moment hated me.

To be honest, I was beginning to hate me. I didnt blame Stella for acting so cold towards me.

How did I go from being someone people liked to being downgraded because of a little fight with Stella?

I laid there and thought, and soon sleep overcame me within seconds.