21 ➺ HELL ON EARTH

❝BUILD MY FEAR OF WHAT'S OUT THERE, CANNOT BREATHE THE OPEN AIR

BUILD MY FEAR OF WHAT'S
OUT THERE, CANNOT BREATHE
THE OPEN AIR. WHISPER THINGS
INTO MY BRAIN, ASSURING ME
THAT I'M INSANE.

     "LINDA? YEAH, HI. It's, uh, Genevieve. I know we don't have a session until tomorrow but could we have one tonight?"

     The queen wasn't sure why she was so nervous — maybe it was because she and Linda hadn't had a chat about her current situation, which in other words, meant being with Lucifer again. The last time the two had seen each other was in the hospital when Ginny and Luci had popped down to Hell, which had led into the Shedevil almost losing her better half, and Linda had been one of the two people who had witnessed Genevieve's breakdown. She had wept genuine tears, and said things she couldn't remember that well anymore, but she never forgot the stab in her chest she had felt when Lucifer hadn't come back to life, nor the relief and joy that filled the crack in her heart when he finally did.

     And frankly, Genevieve was positive Linda had noted all of it. She had had a breakthrough, which was why she had more or less avoided talking to the therapist about it, but she wasn't a coward. With that in mind, Genevieve had called Dr. Martin, and was now walking in the dark night of Los Angeles, towards Lux, with her new phone held against her ear. It seemed everyone had one, and that was why Lucifer had bought her one a few days ago — it was rather confusing and strange, and there was much to be learned, but so far, Genevieve had figured out how to make and accept phone calls. Which, Linda could confirm.

     "Yes!", was Linda's immediate answer, which didn't surprise Genevieve. "I've been waiting for you to call, Genevieve. I think you made a real emotional breakthrough when... well, you know. We really should talk about it", the therapist continued, making Ginny sigh — just as she had expected.

     Genevieve nodded her head, but once she realized that Linda could not see her doing so, she inhaled sharply at the embarrassing mistake before speaking up again. "I see. But I'd like you to know that my marriage and those bloody emotions aren't the only things I want to discuss. There is something else, as well", the queen warily poked at a subject she feared for a good reason.

     She was yet to tell Linda about the dagger forged in the bowels of Hell, created in the same fire as Genevieve. It was, on top of Azrael's blade, the only thing that could eliminate the Shedevil, which had always annoyed her, but now that someone other than her had the dagger and therefore, owned the ability to kill her, she was... scared. She was worried, as she did not wish to die, and frankly, she believed Linda had some solid advice. So far, she had never let Genevieve down, as their sessions had proved themselves rather useful.

      "What is it? No— I can wait. We'll talk about it. Can you come in a few hours, perhaps?", Linda then suggested over the phone, clearly trying to hold back her excitement — mixed with worry, naturally. That was often the case when it came to Genevieve, even if she had managed to somehow come to terms with her being the actual Shedevil.