Chapter 4: Happy Birthday To Me

Start from the beginning

"Don't you dare call me that you retard,

"Hey be nice to your boyfriend, Kylie! My mom scolded. I sighed and the car stopped.

"Bye kids! Have fun but not too much," she warned as she winked at Shawn. He blushed profusely and nodded. Shawn bought my ticket and popcorn and soda to share. (That was also a tradition. We never believed in cooties)

*halfway through the movie*

I felt a poke on my cheek and turned to Shawn.

"What?" I whisper-yell to him. He leans his head in close to me.

"Can we leave? This is really boring and I don't understand it," he pokes my cheek again. I giggled.

"Sure. I was getting bored too. The book is way better," (a/n- I actually don't know this so don't listen to that cause I haven't read or watched divergent). Shawn got up and I followed. He casually slung his arm around my shoulders. I was kinda chilly so I snuggled up closer to his warmth. We walked outside and started walking through the mall (btdubs the movie theater is IN a mall and you can get in through the mall or through the outside world) Shawn stopped at Starbucks an ordered us both our regular drinks. He put our names down as Nancy and Ned a.k.a. my favorite book couple ever. (NANCY DREW IS THE SHIT). I thanked Shawn for my drink and we kept walking. I took a couple selfies with Shawn and our drinks.

"Ya know Magcon is next weekend..." Shawn reminded me. I pouted.

"I know. I'm gonna miss you," I pouted some more and Shawn laughed.

"Well what if I told you that I'm giving you my extra guest ticket for this weekend?" I screamed out joy and hugged Shawn tightly and kissed his cheek.

"YOU ARE THE BEST EVER OMG," I calmed down and continued. "But seriously you are the best how did you convince Bart?!" Shawn laughed and hugged back.

"Actually I don't have to talk to him. Aaliyah gave up her ticket because my mom offered to take her to a hockey game this weekend. And Bart said he wouldn't mind you coming for publicity reasons since the fans like you." I smiled.

"This is the best thing ever! Wait my mom probably won't let me go if your mom won't be there and my mom thinks we're dating," I said my mood slightly dampened.

"Actually I talked to your mom and she said as long as we have separate beds she would let you go," I almost started screaming again. This was legit the best thing ever!

"Oh and that's your birthday surprise," Shawn added with a wink. I happily sighed.

"This is the best birthday ever and you are the best best friend ever!" I posted one of the selfies I took and captioned
'The best birthday with the best boy @shawnnmendes' Shawn saw it and liked it.

"Shit we have to meet your mom outside the movie theater in 5 minutes," Shawn said grabbing my hand and dragging to the direction we came from. My feet were hurting rom the wedges I was wearing.

"Carry me, Shawn?" I puppy dog faced him. He groaned and bent down. I squealed and jumped on his back and yelled "FOR NARNIA!" with my right hand raised towards the sky we walked outside the theater seeing my mom's car and climbed in.

"Thanks for the piggy back bæ," I teased him with a smirk. We both laughed and greeted my mom who smiled at our 'cuteness'.

"No problem," Shawn smiled at me.

"Okay so lovebirds we are eating fancy tonight so we're going home to change into some nicer clothes." My mom sounded so exited. My first birthday with a boyfriend.

"Is dad coming home? He was supposed to be home a couple days ago" I frowned. Shawn squeezed my hand in comfort. I gave him a small sad smile as my mom sighed.

"I'm sorry sweetie, your dad has been really busy lately but he wants me to send his love your way" I frowned, disappointed.

"Also Shawn, Todd told me to say that you guys have his blessing to date," my mom said in utter seriousness. I almost started laughing but Shawn kept his cool.

"Well I'll have to thank him for that," Shawn was completely serious and even managed to look grateful. He should so be an actor.

My mom dropped Shawn off at his house with instructions to come back in half an hour. I walked inside my house and ran to my closet. My mom followed. She decided to help me since she had already gotten ready. She held up a short tight black dress with a sweetheart neckline and no straps. It made my "curves" look insane and my boobs looked good in it too. I'm surprised she even suggested it since she didn't like it that much when we bought it.

"You really think I should wear that?" I looked at her unsure. She smiled.

"Well you are growing up and you have a boyfriend and this dress makes you look good. Don't you want to look good for Shawn?" I laughed and grabbed the dress and tried it on. My hourglass figure looked even more hourglass and the dress slightly pushed my boobs up. My mom handed me a pair of silver glitter 3 inch stilettos and I pulled them on. My mom looked at me and teared up. I walked over and have her a hug.

"Mom it's okay I'm still your baby girl.. Just older," I comforted her as she smiled at me.

"You're just so gorgeous. Shawn is one lucky guy." I smiled at her. She left me so I could finished getting ready. I made my smoky eye a little darker and added a nude pink lip. I finished re-straightening my long hair as the doorbell rang. I tried to run down the stairs but failed and almost fell so I decided on walking down the stairs.
I saw Shawn at the front door talking to my mom and holding a smallish gift bag. He saw me and his fave was full of shock.

"Wo-wow Ky you look gorgeous," Shawn complimented me and hugged me. My mom winked at me and walked out to the car.

"Thanks Shawn but you don't have to keep complimenting me.. Or giving me more gifts the Magcon ticket was enough!" I laughed.

"Kylie every time I compliment you I'm being serious. We're best friends and I wouldn't lie to you," I smiled even wider than I knew was possible and we walked to the car holding hands.

*at la fancy restaurant*

We had just sat down and ordered our drinks; Shawn a Pepsi, my mom a sweet tea, and me a diet Pepsi.

"Soo I was thinking in two weeks it's spring break that we could go to Los Angles, California. Shawn you're invited too," Shawn grinned obviously happy with the invitation. My mom continued, "and your mom already said you could go,"

"Wait where are we going?" I heard a deep male voice and turned around and saw my dad.

"DADDY!" I yelled. I gave him a huge hug and almost started crying. I hadn't seen my dad in almost a month.

"So this is my daughter's boyfriend?" My dad said when I stopped hugging him.

"Yes sir," Shawn answered and stood up to shake my father's hand. My dad pulled him into a hug instead. My dad was always a hugger. I guess that's who I get it from.

"Now I can't say I didn't see this happening, Mendes, but you better treat my daughter with utmost respect. Got it?"

"Yes sir I understand clearly," his reply seemed to please my dad so we all sit down. Shawn beside me and my mom and dad across from us.

"Gift time!" My mom basically yells and thrusts her gift into my hand. My dad puts his gift on the table and so does Shawn. I obviously open my mom's first and squealed in delight. In the box was a brand new white iPhone 5s! I got up and hugged my mom. My dad was next and he got me a brand new Mac laptop. I squealed again and hugged him. Next was Shawn's gift. He got me an iphone case with a collage of us through the years and a Mac laptop case that was chevron and had my initials on it. I thanked him and well all left after having dessert.

...........

OKAY SO 2 votes and 1 comment for next chapter (:

Love y'all (: