35

After singing some for hours it was now night. We would be in New Orleans by morning, and I was taking a very slow drive. I wanted to be a normal parent and obey the laws.

Mia was asleep in the backseat of the car. She had a pillow against the window and a blanket over her. She looked so peaceful when I realized I needed gas.

I drove faster down the empty highway to a gas, when I pulled in I could see a sign saying we were now entering Florida.

I zoomed out to the small store, not wanting to leave Mia alone in the car. I then compelled the man to let me get free gas. Once I finished I zoomed back out to the car. I looked inside making sure she was still okay and began to put the gas in.

I always had a fear that she would be attacked again. A week before Damon passed we were outside getting ice cream. I was sat in the car and she went to go to the bathroom.

I heard her scream mom and before I knew what happened I was outside and followed her heart beat. I saw a vampire attracted to her neck. I didn't even have time to process before I ripped out his heart and threw him to the floor.

I bit into my wrist and forced her to drink my blood. That was when she knew what I was. That I wasn't just a normal mom.

I filled the gas and jumped back in.

"Mom are we close." Mia yawned and I started the car.

"Yes. We will be there by the time the sun rises." I began to drive again.

I looked in the rear view mirror and watched as she closed her eyes again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey sleepyhead, wake up we are in New Orleans." I tapped her leg as we pulled up in front of a random house that Hayley told me they were staying. She rubbed her eyes and unbuckled her seat.

I jumped out and stretched my legs and she did the same.

"Are you ready?" I asked her and she nodded taking my hand.

I took a deep before walking up the steps.

"Ah so you did decide to show up." I heard Kols voice ring out then the door flew open.

"Yes I did." I mumbled and he zoomed down and hugged me. I broke away from Mia's hand and hugged him back,"Thank her. She heard the conversation saying we needed to help. But only for the weekend."  I pulled away and smiled at her.

"Kol, this is my daughter Mia." I turned so he could see her.

"Hello Mia, me and your mum go back a very long time." He smiled at her, and she looked at him strangely.

"I know you. Mom had a picture of you and her in her room."

Kol let off a laugh,"Why don't you come inside? Everyone is here already." He was talking more to Mia.

"Only if you want to honey. Ill be right beside you." She nodded and walked behind Kol. She grabbed my hand and stayed close.

"Good news, and more good news. We have Nik and Ella back." Kol smirked as we entered the room. Hayley smirked at me and Rebekah was giving me dirty looks. Elijah was staring at Hayley and Klaus wasn't here.

"Whose that?" Hayley walked over and bent down in front of Mia.

"That's Mia, my daughter." I smiled at Hayley.

"Hi Mia, I'm Hayley. I have a daughter about your age. Shes with her dad right now."

"How are you all so accepting of Ella?! She left us to die and didn't help get her love at all!" Rebekah snapped.

"Sister-" Elijah began to say and he was cut off when she charged at me. Within a second I pushed Mia behind me and grabbed her. I tried to restrain her when Kol and Hayley jumped in.

"Beks she has a kid." Kol mumbled pulling his sister away.

"This is why I didn't want to come back. Mia is in danger here." I snapped grabbing Mia and zooming away.

We stopped at the car and I set her in the passenger side,"Are you okay? I didn't push you to hard?" I checked her over for marks.

"I'm fine mom." She sighed just as we saw Klaus and a small girl.

"Oh god." I sighed and slumped my shoulders. The child with him ran inside and he instantly began walking over to us.

"Mom whose that?" Mia asked sightly afraid.

"Klaus." I smiled,"How are you?"

"Being tortured for 5 year, as well as expected." He smiled as he stood at the car window.

"Rebekah wasn't happy to see- oh I should explain." I saw him staring at Mia.

"That's my daughter Mia. I uh adopted her right after Stefan died." His eyes went wide,"Actually both died." I looked down not wanting to cry.

There was a long silence before he spoke,"Did you meet Hope yet?"

"No and we were just leaving. I can't be here with Mia. Rebekah just attacked me with my daughter right behind me."

"I'll handle my sister. Please don't leave yet. I want you to know my daughter as well." His eyes were pleading and in a small second I saw all of his pain.

"Yeah mom, please. You said the weekend." It was just early Saturday morning.

I sighed,"I suppose. I'll show you around new Orleans as well. You can get a key chain." Mia collects them from everywhere we have ever been. Its quite strange, she keeps them on one loop and just adds to it. So far we've been everywhere in Virginia, and now 1 place outside of Virginia.

"Yes!" She smiled and fist bumped.

"Okay we will be back here by night okay? I need to rent out a hotel room for us and then we will be back." I smiled at Klaus and he nodded before zooming in the house. I could hear him begin to scold his younger sister.