25

I haven't left my room in three days. I didn't hate any one for the death but I hated my self more. I should have known that he was a trap to get me out of the picture. I should have known once he said Ester brought him back that he was going to die anyway. 

"Es." I heard a knock at the door. I didn't reply as I grabbed my knife by my bed. I was going to kill Ester. I busted open the door and knocked Kol out of the way.

"ES!" He called I could hear his feet thump behind me. I was running and running. 

I jumped up and opened my eyes,"It's okay darling." 

It was Kol, that dream felt so real and it scared me. 

"What happened?" He was stroking my hair. 

"You cried yourself to sleep. I just stayed here to make sure you were alright." His accent was different, I just realized that. His face turned from a soft smile to a frown. He began to cough and choke. 

"What's wrong?!" I frowned my eyebrows and as he put his hand up to stop me from coming closer. 

"You need-need to get me- to the cemetery." He breathed in deep taking control of his body.

"Okay." I nodded,"Okay." I helped him walk and he put his weight on me. I wish I was still a vampire so I had my strength.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually we got to the cemetery undetected and he walked into a tomb. Devina Claire sat inside, her eyes shot open when she saw me.

"Vampires can't enter." She snapped as I walked past the threshold and helped Kol sit down.

"It's happening Devina love, and I can't help it. I've tried everything." Devina jumped up and began frantically looking through her things. She began to cry along with Kol. 

"Mind telling me what the hell is going on?" I looked at Kol, and he looked at Devina.

"You haven't told her? You're family?" She snapped at him,"He's dying. Finn hexed him when you went missing." 

I was shocked and couldn't talk, that was when Kol spoke up,"I've told my family." 

"Am I not family to you Kol?!" I spat,"I'm not letting you die. Not today, not on my watch. Not again." The tears began forming in my eyes as Devina cried louder. There was nothing we could do.

I pulled my phone out and dialed Klaus,"Get over here now with Rebekah, Elijah, and Freya. Kol is almost gone." He didn't say a word and I hung up, and threw my phone across the room. I let out a scream.

"Is that why? Huh is it?" I yelled.

"What?" he looked at me confused. 

"Is that why you comforted me?!" I yelled in his face.

"No it's because you're my best friend."

"And the fact you're dying." I snapped and Devina walked over and kissed him goodbye. I backed away and let them have their moment. Soon after, all of the Mikealsons walked in and I backed away. I had laid him down and tried to make him comfortable. 

"Goodbye Kol." I held lips to his forehead and let a tear run down my face as Rebekah and Klaus both had a hand on my shoulders. He was pale and sweaty. 

He began screaming in pain and I began to cry harder as I turned my back on him. I walked out of the tomb and began to walk back home. I couldn't stand there and just watch him die. 

I held my mouth as I walked to muffle the cries,"Ella, how lovely to see you." I kept walking, I didn't want to be bothered. Before I knew it, I was unable to lift my feet off the pavement. 

"What do you want Finn?" I spat, he stood behind me, I could not see him. 

"I want to make a deal. Your life in favor of my families."

"I'm not making a deal if you don't trust me. Let me go. What's the worst I could do? Remember I'm human and unable to do magic." I mumbled and then I felt my feet unstick and I turned and faced him. 

I grabbed my necklace and stared at him, Lux I need you

I could feel the transfer and he took his hand out for me to shake. 

I reached for his hand and when we touched he fell to the ground in pain, his hand was burning and pain was flowing through his veins. His hand stuck to mine. 

That was when Klaus zoomed in out of no where and grabbed him, and slammed shackles into his wrists. 

"Away we go brother." Klaus smirked as Finn hissed spells under his breath. He was unable to do magic and I let go of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you okay?" Lux ran over to me as soon as we walked in. Klaus had thrown Finn into a coffin, where he couldn't escape. 

"Yes I am. He didn't have intent on hurting me. Yet I had something different in mind." I smirked and she grabbed my hand.

"You're burnt." I noticed that she had figured out how to cut the 'what happens to me happens to you' thing. 

"Another reason to change be back. So I can defend myself and heal fast." I sighed. 

"Is that what you truly want? No children of your own? No dying old?" Lux mumbled.

"Oh, I'm way past the whole human life thing. I'm ready to return back to my old life." I looked at her and she looked behind me. Hayley stood there.

"I'll change you, only if you're sure about this. I don't want to take away your happiness. I want to give it to you." Hayley looked like she was about to cry. 

"I want this Hayley. I want to be able to protect, to live, to do what I want." I walked towards her and she bit into her wrist before showing it to me. I slowly bit into it and drank some of her blood. 

"Now the painful part." Hayley mumbled to herself as she slowly brought her hands to my neck. 

"Thank you Hayley." I took in a deep breath as she snapped my neck. I let the air painfully leave my lungs as I heard screaming in the background. My light faded away and I knew that I'd be back.