Chapter 2

Jon got up early to help set up the tent for the Wolf Packs supporters club as well as looked around for new wolf pack members. He looked around at the hustle of new freshmen as well as some new students coming in. As he was looking around, he caught sight of  a pretty young short girl with pretty long hair and dark eyes, who was standing to Jessica, who he knew from last year.  'I bet that Jessica’s new roommate. She’s cute and has really pretty dark eyes but I can't tell if she’s a wolf or not.’ thought Jon as he watched her walk away. He caught a glimmer of something when she turned to face him to stare into his eyes. He saw that there was some spirit in her as well as kindness. He turned to Eric to ask "Hey Eric, are you dating Jessica Cox who was in my English Class last term?" "Uh yeah we are. We have been dating for about a year uh why do you ask?"Eric said. "Well she has a new girl roommate and I would like to meet her.” Jon said as he pointed her out before she left entirely. "Huh, I'll ask her when we go on our date tomorrow. The girl is cute. She seems like your type. Though Jon, remember she might be a minor too as well as a normal human.” Eric said. “I know that, still I haven't been on a date for a long time. You remember what happened with Nikki. The other girls I've tried to date, they were either stupid or trying me to get back to the drugs. Those relationships didn't work out so well, and I would end up either sick or arrested for something stupid. There was no other girl who could be like Nikki. I still miss her a lot. “Jon said in a sad voice.”I know Jon and you know I'm sorry about Nikki but you need to move on. She would have wanted you to. Plus, didn’t I warn you about those girls? I told you that most of them were bad. Look at what happen when you dated Brittany for a time being. That bitch didn’t treat you right at all. I just don’t want you to end up in the hopsital again or get killed.” Eric said putting a hand on Jon’s shoulder and turns to leave. “I know but maybe going on a date with that girl would be better than the others." Jon said.  During the whole day after seeing a new girl, Jon couldn't get her off his mind. He thought how old she might be and where she is from, etc. He helped his friends take down the booth and put things away as well as get something to eat. Jon sat down and looked around to see the new girl again with Jessica near the bar. He saw her smiling and thought 'She has a nice smile and beautiful long brown hair'. Then the girl locked eyes on Jon and quickly looked away.

Jon smiles a little as he notices Jessica getting up and coming toward the table. "Hey Eric! Hey Jon! How are you guys doing?" Jessica said as she went up to hug his best friend. "Hey babe, I'm fine. Who’s that cute girl sitting with you?" Eric said as he gave her a kiss on the lips. "My new roommate Kaylyn, come over and I'll introduce you.” Jessica said pulling him toward the girl. Jon watched as Eric was being introduced to the girl he is starting to have a thing for. He saw that the girl was smiling and was being somewhat friendly toward Eric. Jon turned his head and talked to one of his other friends about a rival pack that might be in the area. "I want patrols around the area tonight, DON'T attack, just scout, then come back to me to let me know what we are dealing with!" Jon said as Eric came back and sat down. "Well Jon, I met the girl and her  name is Kaylyn and she seems really nice.  You might like her. She seemed like the type of girl that would be perfect for you.” Eric said as he pointed to Kaylyn as she was leaving with Jessica. He saw Kaylyn looking at him and quickly looked away and left the restaurant. "I'll talk to her myself if we have a class or something together.” Jon said as he told Eric about a rival pack possibly coming into the territory "You can keep watch while you’re on your date tomorrow.” Jon said. “Will do, are you interested in Kaylyn? I think she is interested in you. I kind of got that feeling when I was standing over there, talking to her.” Eric said. “Maybe and how do you know that she is interested in me?” Jon asked as he leans in toward Eric. “I could just tell. Just trust me on this one Jon. Kaylyn may be the right girl for you. She seems to have both feet on the ground. Oh by the way she's not a minor and she doesn't do drugs or any of that stuff.” Eric said. “Well, I may ask her on a date whenever I see her again. You might be right about the kindness thing. I saw something like that in her eyes earlier. I don’t know why but something is telling me to go ask her out.” Jon said as he took a sip of some water. Jon had dismissed the pack and drove home and thought of Kaylyn. 'Kaylyn, that’s a pretty name. I hope we do have a class together.’ thought Jon as he went into his apartment and got ready for bed and class tomorrow.