9 | THE BEGINNING OF THE END

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

A loud woop sounded from the middle of the bleachers on the left of the stadium. The woop came from Edythe,yelling excitedly as her football team scored a touch down. Emmett had taken her to a football game in New Orleans,and the bronze haired girl was over the moon to be here. Emmett and Edythe were the only ones in the family who enjoyed football,and Patrick had accompanied them,as he was obsessed as well. And last but not least,Jane was sitting there,smiling softly up at the girl. Edythe was the happiest she'd been since Harvie left,and it was all because of the miraculous good luck of Jane Volturi.

Jane had called in on a whim for a free four tickets to the game and won. Edythe was so excited,she hugged Jane. Of course afterwards,she was a blushing, awkward mess for hugging her so suddenly. And now,Edythe was at the game,hollering loudly with Patrick. At one point,Edythe leapt up from her chair right at the moment that Patrick did,and he wound up accidentally knocking her soda out of her hand. It got all over the man beneath them,and Emmett couldn't stop laughing for the life of him.

Edythe was wearing an oversized jersey that belonged to Emmett and black jeans,and half of her long reddish hair was pulled into a corn row. And Jane couldn't help but awe at how well the teen hybrid could pull it off. Her bright,hazel eyes were alight with eagerness as she sat back down after yelling excitedly. For the fifth time that day,Edythe turned to Jane and thanked her,a big smile lacing across her pale skin. Edythe turned back to the game as it came to an end,watching the last bit without screaming at people.

As the four left the stadium,darkness reigned down on them. Edythe was literally skipping along,swinging a bag with things she had bought back and forth as she did. As she calmed down,she began walking beside Jane,smiling softly over at the blonde girl."Thank you."She said for the sixth and last time for the night. Jane nodded and gave a soft,caring smile for the girl. Edythe's blushed slightly and turned towards Patrick,leaning against his shoulder."I'm hungry."She hummed and Patrick laughed,nodding.

"I think it's about time we get some real food."He told her,and she smiled brilliantly over at Emmett. Emmett chuckled softly and pointed to a cab,whistling loudly. The four shoved in,Edythe sitting in Emmett's lap. When they got to the hotel,they piled out of the car,Emmett,Patrick,and Edythe laughing as they tumbled out. They all went inside and got changed into fancy,suitable clothing. Edythe put on a form fitting black dress with colorful letters on it,brushing half of her hair. Jane put on a dress that was long sleeve and fell to her ankles,loose and pretty. Patrick and Emmett put on slacks and button ups,Patrick wearing a bow tie.

The four left the hotel and people stared at the two full vampires of the group,and their was an occasional stare for the human and half human. They walked down the street,Edythe's black heels giving off a satisfying click as she walked with her head high. A whistle sounded across the street,and the four turned their heads to look. It wasn't an ordinary whistle,but a sharp,get-your-attention whistle. There stood Demetri Volturi, Alec and Felix standing next to him.

Jane smiled lightly at her "brothers" and skirted across the street with ease. Emmett,Edythe,and Patrick followed after,confused. "We've come to warn you."Felix stated,glancing over at Edythe and then back to Jane."Warn us about what?"Emmett asked,face crinkling in confusion. Demetri breathed in and out unneeded breaths and spoke."The Volturi are angry."He said,and he looked in between Jane and Edythe with a look that said they were the reason why. "What do they think the Cullens did?"Questioned Jane in confusion,a sharp hiss escaping her tight lips.

Alec spoke next,placing his hand on his twins arm."They don't like that they've stolen you away from us. You were supposed to stay a month or two,and then come home. You came home and then you went straight back to them."He sighed,looking at Edythe with a slightly accusatory glance."Why do you keep looking at me?"Edythe burst out after a bit of silence,and Emmett sighed and turned to his niece."We wanted you to be able to take it slowly,so we didn't say anything,but Jane is your mate."Emmett breathed out,smiling sadly at Edythe. Edythe looked over at Jane,a realization crossing over her. Jane was staring at the hybrid girl,frightened to find her response. A smile spread across Edythe's face, and she blushed lightly.

"So they don't like that we took Jane away from them?"Edythe responded after moments of silence,glancing back at Patrick who was trying to have nothing to do with the conversation. "Yes."Responded Felix,sighing exasperatedly and rolling his eyes at the slowness of the supposed smart girl. "So they want war again?"Emmett asked,slightly worried. Felix and Demetri nodded and Edythe sighed."We have to go home." Edythe said and began walking away,the three foreign vampires following after the group of four.