05 | OH YOUNG ONE

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

Edythe found herself sitting on the living room floor that afternoon,she and her twin sister explaining vaguely why Jane was here. Jack and Naomi nodded along,and Harvie didn't really give a damn,but Patrick was leaning into every word the twins said. He loved drama,and most people were quite shocked to find out that he was only partially gay.

After explaining everything,Edythe went upstairs and came back down with her and Renesmee's laptops. She handed Renesmee hers and gave Naomi her own,seeing she was the computer genius of the group. They worked together on their projects,sharing pointless,light banter. Everything was perfectly easy and care free until Jane Volturi walked in the front door. The humans and supernatural alike quieted themselves as Jane walked over and sat on the couch.

Harvie,not giving a damn about the Volturi and all their special power,broke the silence,continuing with the conversation. In seconds, everyone was back to their casual conversation. Jane moved off the couch and sat next to Edythe,who glanced up in confusion. "Can I help you?"She asked. A strange,almost sheepish,look spread across Jane's face. "I was wondering if maybe I could join you guys? I have the same project and I haven't really gone to school in a very long time."Jane muttered,and the three humans didn't pick up on it,but the three supernatural did.

Harvie rolled his eyes but Edythe smiled sweetly."Sure! We can help you out. Do you have a partner?"Edythe responded and Jane shook her head,no. Edythe nodded and turned to Jane,facing her back to her own partner,Harvie. Jane gave a very faint smile,and something inside of Edythe stirred. The bronze haired,pale girl shook it off and began helping Jane work on her own project. Harvie joined in on helping after a few moments, and the three worked on their two projects together.

Jane seemed to fit in easily with the group of six,her undying sarcasm and wit fitting perfectly with the others. Jane fell in with their witty banter and soon everyone was back to their work,all working hard before they could play. Once they finished,Jane pulled Edythe aside. Edythe felt a strange fluttering in her stomach,like her insides were being sucked out. Perhaps,she was nervous?

Jane gave a light smile,but it was as big as Edythe had ever seen from the girl she so vaguely now remembered from her past. "Thank you,so much for all your help. I'd still be stuck on the first step if it wasn't for you."Jane said,the thanking clear but the last bit of words were mumbled,but Edythe could hear them. Of course she could."It's no problem,really. If you're going to be around a lot,we should at least be friends."Edythe said,a bright smile spreading across her face,her soft pink lips spreading from ear to ear.

Edythe found herself staring into those eyes again. The mesmerizing red color drew Edythe in,and she couldn't help but think they had an ominous beauty to them. Jane,on the other hand,adored the girls chocolate brown eyes. Red and brown clashed in a staring contest. And they could stare forever. But of course that didn't happen. Someone cleared their throat from the front door and there was Edward. A bright red blush flooded into Edythe's cheeks, and she turned away from Jane,rushing into the house and rejoining her friends.

After a while,Jack and Naomi went home,but Harvie and Patrick stayed the night,on accident. Edythe was laying against Harvie and Renesmee against Patrick and the four fell asleep watching shitty rom-coms. Once they fell asleep,Carlisle called their parents and informed Leah and Mr. Bloom that the boys had fallen asleep. Edward and Bella covered the boys and girls up with the blankets that lay over the couch and the four slept like that until morning.