03 | SMALL TALK

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

Edythe went to bed that night,thinking of the short Volturi girl. She woke up the next morning,and she almost completely forgot. Jane Volturi was starting school with her today. Edythe lazed out of her bed in her shared room with her twin in the cottage. She was wearing her normal silk nightgown that she wore most nights that it was hot,if it wasn't hot she usually wore big sweaters and sweatpants. She walked to the Big house,and into the kitchen were Renesmee sat with Esme.

"Ah,Little Dove! I just finished breakfast,come eat."Esme said,a light smile on her beautiful features. Edythe went and sat next to her twin and dug in to the sausage and bacon,picking at the scrambled eggs. Renesmee raised an eyebrow and switched there plates. Renesmee now had more eggs,and Edythe now had more sausage. Edythe grinned at her twin,nudging her lightly in thanks. She ate happily and afterwards washed her and Renesmee's dishes.

Edythe went up stairs when she was done,going into Alice's room were an outfit for the day was out. Edythe went into the bathroom that connected to Alice's room and took a hot shower,exiting with only a towel on. In the room was Alice,rummaging through her jewelry box. Edythe pulled on her delicates and went over to see what Alice was looking for. Her ring that she kept in Alice's room at night that she always wore on the thumb of her left hand was sitting there,along with other jewelry that matched the outfit.

Alice smiled up at Edythe and waved,gracefully leaving in vampire speed. Edythe went back to the bed were the outfit lay and pulled on her clothes. She went back to the antique jewelry box and pulled on the jewelry. Two sets of ear rings sat out and Edythe chose the smaller,silver studs. The young Cullen rushed down the stairs and sat down on the couch with her father. Edward gave her a look that she knew all to well and the pretty bronze haired girl leapt back up and went back into Alice's room.

Edythe dried out her hair and brushed it down,something she often forgot to do. When she got back downstairs,Alice,Rosalie,and Renesmee stood at the door,waiting patiently for the twin. Edythe gave her family a sheepish smile and followed the three out to the garage. Edythe and Renesmee got into Edythe's beloved Corvette and Rosalie and Alice got into the Porche,Edythe's following after Alice.

The four got to school as quickly as usual,driving into the two empty spots that they normally parked in. Edythe hopped out of the Corvette,walking towards the school,and shortly the other Cullen girls joined her. Edythe took a seat on a long bench and Rosalie sat with her while Alice and Renesmee went ahead. A roaring of a motorcycle made heads turn.

Jane Volturi was coming to school on a motorcycle. The weird thing was that Jane was wearing normal clothes. A simple leather jacket,shirt, and jeans. Jane pulled into the empty slot next to Edythe's Corvette and eased off the sleek black motorcycle. She pulled off her helmet and shook her hair out in the way you see in those movies. Edythe didn't realize she was staring until Jane started walking towards them. She was wearing contacts,so her eyes looked a muddy golden color,and not the hypnotizing red color that meant she killed innocent humans.

"Hello."Jane said, and Edythe smiled lightly and responded."Hi."Jane nodded and walked to the main office. "Ed!"Came the voice Edythe knew too well. One of her best friends, Patrick Bloom,had just pulled up and was getting out of his car. She hopped up and waved goodbye to Rosalie before walking over to him."Heya Patrick."Hummed Edythe and Patrick smiled happily."Come on, Jack is waiting for us in the cafeteria."Patrick said and the two friends began there walk into the school.