White Lies

Yunho knocked on the wooden door and went in when he heard a faint ‘come in’. He took a deep breath when he saw the seriousness on the face of the young physician.

“Have a seat, Yunho-sshi.”

He tried to calm himself as he sat down and looked at the brown envelope on the desk, “Is that the result?” Dr. Lee nodded slowly and handed him the envelope.

Yunho took it with trembling hands and looked at him nervously. He held his breath as he read the documents in front of him.

Dr. Lee stared at him as his face portrayed different emotions at once. He met the confusion in Yunho's eyes when the latter finished reading the results.

“We have to rerun another set of tests, to confirm it. And Yunho-sshi, this is the right time to tell to your parents and if you’re not planning to tell them or if you’re scared, I can do it for you.”

Yunho looked down and stay silent for a moment, “I’ll… I’ll tell them right away when I got home, don’t worry about it.”

Dr. Lee just stared at him and heaved a sigh, “I hope you can tell this matter to them as soon as possible.”

“I will.” Yunho’s response became a whisper that it barely reached the physician’s ears. He sighed and after a few minutes of silence, he already dismissed Yunho.

* * *

“I’m already hungry. Why did I agree to do this in the first place anyway? Aish!” Changmin grumbled while rubbing his stomach.  He stayed in his father’s office for two hours because Dr. Shim had an operation scheduled for the day. “If only I knew that these papers are right in front of me I should’ve already grabbed it and go home! I’ve wasted two hours waiting for that old man.”

As he was heading out of the building, he saw a familiar figure walking on the opposite hallway. “Wait… Is that—?”

“Hyung!” he called out but the said figure ignored him as though he didn’t hear him.

“Yunho-hyung!” He yelled again and this time, all the people looked at him a little bit annoyed. He bowed his head as he apologize and run towards Yunho when the latter did not stop walking.

He grabbed his shoulder which made Yunho looked at him in confusion. “Changmin?”

“De. Ne, hyung, what’re you doing here? I thought you’re on business something?”

Yunho stared blankly at him but Changmin didn’t miss the sudden change on his eyes.

“One of our major clients had an accident few days ago and since the matter we had to discussed is an important one, we had to do an emergency meeting regardless of his condition.”

Changmin just nodded in understanding, “But the department he just went to is—”

“You’re going home? I can give you a ride back home.” Yunho offered to him which broke his trance.

“Ah, I… yeah, sure. Thanks, hyung.”

MEANWHILE

“Ahjumma~ what’s going to be— Mom!?” Kibum abruptly stopped on his track when he saw Mrs. Jung was preparing the dinner with the help of their maids.

“Kibummie~” she placed the plate carefully on the table and approached her youngest son and gave him a peck on the cheek and a hug, “I miss you so much, dear.”

Kibum just stared at her, “I thought you’re going to be out for several weeks?”

“Are you saying that you don’t want me to be at home?” Mrs. Jung raised a brow and slapped Kibum's arm playfully.