Gajeel x Reader | Help | Part 2

Start from the beginning

The two Iron Dragon Slayers found themselves to spar for what seemed like hours, though it was only a few minutes.

"So who was that grave for? Why did ya kick it?"

"She betrayed us. She deserves death" [Name] snarled, punching and getting more reckless. "It's her fault that this all happened"

"What happened?" Gajeel smirked, seeing that his theory was correct. He may not be smart, but he was definitely smarter than Natsu.

[Name] definitely talked more when she was fighting. Anyone can tell that when [Name] was concentrated on fighting, she didn't pay mind to what she told the other.

"She betrayed us. We were on a infiltration mission in the dark guild but she told them" [Name] growled, aiming a kick for Gajeel's head. "They killed her anyway because she outlived her usefulness, they killed my team and I was forced to join to save the children they kidnapped. They promised that if I won the Magic Games for them they'll let the children go. But I'm not stupid, they'll kill them anyways. As sacrifice to Zeref"

[Name] mumbled, swinging reckless punches at this point. Gajeel easily caught her fist.

"Well Girlie, you should learn to control your anger. That'll get you killed one day"

"I don't care!" [Name] yelled, looking up. "It's not like there's anyone who will care"

"Well since you asked me for help. I care"

[Name]'s glare disappeared and she looked up in shock, her arms dropping to her side.

"Liar" she muttered, staring at the floor, hiding her emotions. "That's what she said. Before she left me. I don't need your help"

"Well I ain't her, whoever she is" Gajeel said. "Look, it's either you want help or not, if you ain't gonna ask now then why did ya even bother ask in the first place?"

"I didn't ask you to help me. I don't care what happens to me. The children are going to be sacrificed because I was careless. I wanted you to help them. Not me" [Name] looked up with a glare once again. "Out of my way. If you want to help me then earn my trust first"

"Right, I'll be here if ya change your mind" Gajeel smirked as he watched her leave, knowing what had happened during the time he had stalled her.

[Name] scoffed, crossing her arms as she walked back to her guild's inn.

She prepared for a scolding from the Master but found the hotel to be surrounded with Rune Knights, who lead her handcuffed guildmates to a cart.

[Name] froze, quickly hiding behind a wooden pillar, hearing people speak.

"Where's the other girl?" A Knight asked.

"Other?" A member asked.

"[Name]" A hooded girl interrupted. "They're asking about [Name]"

"Hah! She didn't do anything!" The boy laughed manically. "Might as well forget about her! She was from one of those stupid light guilds, there's no point in taking her!"

"Where is she? We have to take everyone from the guild into custody for attempting black magic"

"She isn't a part of the guild, she doesn't even have a insignia" the quiet girl spoke, bored. "We sneaked her in so we could win. Might as well not bother with her"

"Why are you still here?" The captain asked, walking to the knight. "Hurry up, it's time to go"

"Captain! There's still currently a member missing"

"Is she the girl with Iron Dragon Slaying magic?"

"Yes sir"

"Leave her, we have confirmed her story from an individual and from records in the Magic Council. She's innocent" the captain spoke. "We must get to their guild hall now"

"Of course sir"

[Name] heaved a sigh of relief, clenching her fist and left the area. She headed back to the clearing.

She knew that it was Gajeel, who went one step further to prevent her arrest. Who took one step closer to earning her trust.

Who went the extra step to help her.

『 Help - End 』