To Put Things Simple, I Love You: Embry Call Imprint - 2

"I was in here first, so I get this room Chris!"

"That doesn't count, Lana! I'm older than you, so I get the room"

"Nice to see you like the place" mom said as she walks down the hall.

"Lana, I called this room as soon as I saw it, and as soon as I turn my back to get my bags...WHAM! you swoop in like some prowling hawk and put your stuff in here..tell me that isn't fair."

"Sorry Chris..you lost out. And shouldn't you give in to your little sister..since you love me and stuff?"

"Whatever..." Chris says as he walks out of the room.

Haha..suckah!

**hours after we've settled in**

"Dinner's ready" mom called from the kitchen.

I reluctantly got off the couch.

"What's for dinner?" asked Tom as he walked in sniffing the air like some starved animal in the wilderness.

"Pizza..our stuff hasn't been unpacked yet" mom said..shutting the door behind the pizza dude.

Just as we sat down, dad cleared his throat.

"So..what do you kids think of the place?"

"I like it dad. I just can't wait to get out and hopefully run into some of the boys..man I'm pumped" Chris said as he inhaled his third slice of pizza..

I bit down on my bottom lip trying to hold back a laugh. It didn't take much to make Chris happy, and that's one of the qualities that's just so loveable about him.

From the look on my face, I guess mom could tell that I was loving the place too.

"And what about you Lanzi"

That was sorta my nickname. That, or just Lanz.I don't know why though..it sounded nothing like Lana..but I loved it when they called me that.

"It's really nice here..I can't wait to go down to the beach tomorrow.

And all this green vegetation surrounding us may take a little getting used to..but I'll cope"

"That's my girl" dad said smiling.

"Well I'm stuffed..I'm gonna go hit the sack now..g'night everyone"

Tom said as he got up and headed upstairs.

Not long after that, mom and dad called it a night too.

"Race ya upstairs?" I said, wiggling my eyebrows at Chris.

"Oh, you're on!"

He reached the top first.

Damnit!

"Ha!..don't aggravate the fire if you can't handle the heat"

He was doing a little victory dance, an when he finished he kissed whatever miniscule biceps he had.

"Pssh...any other day I would've won..you're lucky I'm so tired" I say sticking my tongue out at him.

"Uh huh, if you say so Lanzi..love you..night"

"love you too Chris..night bro!"

For some odd reason, I couldn't sleep. I kept tossing and turning and just staring at the ceiling for, who knows how long.

I finally got up to let some air in, realising why it was so stuffy in the room.

I stood at the open window for a good five minutes, loving the feeling of the moist Washington air and the cool breeze moving the stray strands of hair across my face.

The mixed scents of the lush forest and the sea air from First Beach really hit me, bringing back so many memories from when I was eleven years old.

That's when I heard it.

The howl of an animal. Faint, but distinct.

A wolf.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☼▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Let me know what you think of the story(: