To Put Things Simple, I Love You: Embry Call Imprint - 1

▬▬▬▬Brief character description▬▬▬▬

The Combs Family

Arthur Combs: Head of the Combs family. Father of three kids, happily married for 33 years. Full Quileute heritage, moved from La Push six years ago to New Jersey. Job re-location. Is finally moving back to the reservation with his family because he wants his kids to re-learn their heritage. Green eyes, unusual to Quileute men, jet black hair, copper skin, and about 6'3.

Malory Combs: Wife to Arthur, mother of three. Also of full Quileute heritage. Light brown eyes, black hair, smooth copper skin, and 5'9

Tom Combs: Eldest of Malory & Arthur's three kids. 20 years old,6'1,copper skin, black hair, and like his father, Tom has green eyes.

Chris Combs: 18 years old, middle child, 6ft tall, looks just like Tom, but you can tell he's younger.

Lana Combs: Just turned 17, youngest of the three children, 5'9 like her mother, but unlike her brothers, she has a hypnotizing shade of brown eyes. Jet black hair as well.

The rest of the La Push characters need no introduction..because you already know them:)

I Do Not own any of the Twilight Saga characters..only the Combs family.

Also, I didn't add any photo's of what I think the characters should look like, because I believe that each reader should have the liberty of letting their imagination work so they can picture the story and characters the way they want to see it, not how someone has told them to because of fixed images. 

Enjoy the story.

***

I can't wait to be back in La Push..gosh! Oh, and to see Embry and the rest of the boys..man it's been forever since I've seen them!

A knock on the door interrupts my train of thought.. 

"Lana, hurry up! We're leaving in five minutes with or without you!" 

"I'm coming out now Tom, jeez..just break the door while you're at it!"

My older brother Tom can be so pesky, but I love him regardless. 

Today is the day that we leave our home for the past five and a half years..to go back to our beginnings, the La Push reservation in Washington.

I'm excited to go back..but my friends here in NJ I'll miss. 

Just as I step out the door.." Put! Me! Down! Chris! I think I can take myself to the front door."

"Sorry Lana, but until you learn to act with a sense of urgency once in a while..I'm carrying you downstairs." Chris says laughing while picking upmy suitcase in his other hand.

As soon as the two of us reached the bottom of the stairs, the shuttle had arrived to takeus to the airport. 

"Ready to go kids?" asked my dad, Arthur. 

"Yeah" the three of us replied using a monotone voice. 

"C'mon, speed things up..we don't want to miss our plane now do we?" mom said as she climbed into the van.

Being the last one to get in, I couldn't help the tears that welled up in my eyes, asI took one last look at the two-story yellow house with a white A-framed roof and matching railings, and the white window frames that went with it. One last glance at the tiny lawn in front of the house, and the just-blooming sunflowers that lined the balcony.  

Sure you'll miss the sun coming through the windows in the front of the house, and the sound my feet made when I walked on the shiny wooden floors..but La Push was where we were headed, and that didn't seem like too bad a thing.

******

The plane had just landed and Tom was slowly trying to wake me up, more like begging. I had fallen asleep on his shoulder and now his entire left arm was dead. 

With a smirk on my face I got up and pulled my bag out of the overhead locker.

"You're gonna love the house, sweety" my mom said kissing the top of my head as I climbed in the rental SUV.

Ugh. I really hope no one starts talking about how we're going to love it being back here, and it'll feel like we never left. Ok sure, I'm ecstatic to be home again..but what normal person wouldn't miss their friends of almost six years? I hope mom's right about the house.

Trying to avoid any conversation,I pulled out my iPod skimmed through my entire music library to find a song that would drown out any outside noise. 

...

A lot of time had passed beforeI looked outmy window. At least I was in the last row in the car, right beside the bags, so I had a whole row to myself. 

The first of the La Push houses were coming into sight, lost in a sea of green. 

It was a pretty sight..one that I missed.

The distance between the houses started to get smaller and smaller as we neared our destination. 

I felt the car starting to slow down just as my dad said,

"Well everyone, we're home."

►►►►►►►►☼◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ 

A/N: sorry this was kinda sorta extremely short..I'll be updating soon..I promise(: