[12] Welcome Back

Thank you for yesterday.

I'm not sure who it came from, but I have an idea who could it be. If there's anyone who would thank me for whatever happened yesterday, it could only be him and no one else. I tap on my screen to reply a message, but I halted mid-way. "What am I going to say?" I mumbled staring blankly into space. After contemplating for a second, I nonchalantly replied.

I think I should be the one who should thank you.

After pressing send, I didn't actually expect for any response. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I  did receive one. Not just text message, but a call. Hesitantly at first, then I pressed the answer button.

"Yes?"

"We're quits now."

"What?"

"I said, we're quits now."

"Oh, right... yes quits."

Then there was silence.

"Um... " He started hesitantly, "A-are you really planning on ru...running away" he said then added, "...from them again?"

I was astounded for a sec after hearing it, "I... I was planning to..." I muttered sighing, "but then they made me realize I had nowhere else to go..." I stopped a bit unsure about my words, then I remembered him being uncomfortable with me because of the past events that had happened, "but you don't have to worry about me going back in the house, I'm totally fine meeting them outside,"

"No!" He half shouted on the other line eagerly, too eager for my liking, and I was stunned for a moment. What? what? did I say something wrong again? Then he continued, "I mean, no I don't mind you going back in the house. Because, Baek hyung, Chan hyung and even the stupid maknae is really being annoying right now. I can't concentrate with all my works because of their wailings and arguements and all, about you. So, I... what I mean, it's fine for you to go back, I don't mind. I really don't mind. I'm not saying I wa-want you to be there, I just don't want to hear their nonsense bickering every now and then, that's all."

Slowly my lips were drawing into a thin line, as I bit my lower lip trying to prevent myself to laugh so hard. I find it a relief that he's inviting me as well to come back in the house, him, Jongin, the annoying brat who I can't picture being awkward like this, though he didn't say it directly to the point that he wants me there too, but I'm still glad that he's slowly opening up with me.

"O-okay... I understand clearly." I answered holding my smile, "Thank you..." I added. 

"Don't thank me. I... I, anyway, that's all." He said. I was waiting for him to cut-off the line after that, but he didn't.

"O...okay... still thank you. See you later." I said then he end.

I pull my phone away from my ear and look at it. "What was that? Weird..." I sneered as I put my phone back in my pocket and lean my head on the window watching whatever we passes by, "But, I'm glad..."

Author's POV

As soon as you got back in the house, you were welcomed by Baekhyun's scolding, Sehun's wailing ─ about you not replying back to their messages, and that was actually unintentional, after talking with Jongin on the phone on your way back, you had totally forgotten to respond to their messages ─ Kyungsoo's normal welcoming back, and Chanyeol's pat on the head. You were also expecting that Jongin would treat you more differently now after you two had spoken on the phone, but your guess was wrong, for some unknown reason he's still the same, not looking, no talking, definitely like you're still not existing.  You were kinda disappointed somehow.