"But I'm a God. I'm better than you." Jacob was joking and it felt great to relax for a little bit. It was good for Hunter to witness his humour. He hasn't shown it very much.

"Better than me?" Hunter rested his hands on the side of his face with a cheeky smile. "Are you sure about that?"

Jacob nodded. His body was pressed against his and he didn't feel an ounce of nerves.

"I'm a better kisser, so that's something at least," Hunter chuckled as Jacob's cheeks went bright pink. "But you're getting there." He brought his face closer. "Practice is all you need."

He was clearly hinting that he wanted to kiss him and Jacob was okay with that. The moment was growing with affection and their feelings were growing with passion.

Just then, before they could connect their lips, Hunter's door opened and William walked into the room. He started talking about something but Hunter gasped and turned. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up.

He was in his territory.

Jacob felt a sudden change in his mood. He was tense and very angry but Ricky ran after his brother and grabbed his arm. He pulled him out of the room and quickly shut the door.

Hunter stared at it and released his breath.

They could hear his pack giving William a lecture on what he could and couldn't do.

"Are you okay?" Jacob asked quietly.

"Yes." He could smell William's scent in his room so he turned and caught Jacob by surprise. He fell back against him and buried his face into his shoulder. He inhaled his scent and allowed himself to calm down.

Jacob very, very slowly brought his hands up and wrapped them around him. It felt good to gain the confidence. He would not be doing this a week ago.

* * * * *

Scott was sitting in his car. It was half nine at night and he had been there for at least two hours. He was nervous and didn't know if he should tell Grace about the wolves or not. But what would he say if he lied? He was a good liar, clearly. He had kept this all a secret for seventeen years.

Sudden, the headlights of another car filled up his view. He turned quickly but realised that Margo was dropping his son off at home. He sighed and climbed out.

"Hey," He smiled when William came over. He looked better but he could sense that he wasn't quite happy. "Thank's for dropping him off."

"It's not a problem," Margo tilted her head. "Have you been sitting in your car this whole time?"

"Yes. I don't know what to do. Whatever I tell my wife tonight, I've lost her trust."

"Maybe she needs to know," Margo smiled. "I can stay and back you up if you need me to?"

"Well her parents are still here. I can't just blurt it out in front of them."

Margo wasn't sure what to suggest but if Scott could keep that secret about Jacob, then he would surely think of something.

"I'm gonna get going, I think Anthony is due back from the court soon. I'll tell Jacob to let you know what happened. I'm sure he's also eager to hear what happens at home too," She started walking back towards the truck. "Good luck."

"Thank's Margo, drive safe."

Scott and William turned to face the house when she climbed in and reversed onto the road. When she was gone. They looked at each other, feeling rather anxious.