XXXVIII

"What? Where else am I gonna live then?" Your frown deepens as you look around your trashed apartment. You wonder what had happened for it to get this bad. Kendall contemplates your question before sighing and looking you straight in the eye.

"With me."

***

"With you? Really?" You question the brunette and she sighs. "Won't my girlfriend have a problem with us living together?"

"I'm you—" she cuts herself off by closing her eyes. "I mean, I'm sure she won't mind two best friends having a sleepover every night until your place gets cleaned up, right? She's going to Greece tomorrow anyways and you obviously need someone to look after you."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Do you mind if I just call her really quick?" She clenches her jaw subtly but forces a smile anyway.

"I'll be in your room packing your things. Call me if you need anything," she rushes up the stairs after handing you her phone. You quickly dial her number and wait patiently for the call to connect.

"Kendall? Why are you calling?" You hear Taylor's voice from the other end of the line and you smile.

"Tay? Are you busy right now?" You ask politely as you look around your trashed apartment. God, something really bad must've happened.

"Oh, hey babe. What's up? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" She asks worriedly and you smile over her concern for you.

"Tay, calm down. I'm fine," she lets out a sigh of relief as you chuckle into the phone.

"Why are you calling from Kendall's phone? Are you with her right now?"

"Uh, yeah... about that. I've realised that my apartment is absolutely trashed and I need  somewhere to stay while I get my place cleaned up. And since you're going to Greece tomorrow, Kendall's kindly offered her place to me," you hold your breath, trying not to upset your girlfriend too much. "Is that okay?"

"I really don't want you and Kendall in the same house together. Can't you just stay at my place while I'm away?" She pleads on the other end of the line and you wonder why she's so against you and Kendall being in the same house.

"Babe, I have to go to rehab for my leg twice a week and who's going to take me there? Who's going to help me out of bed when I need to get up? I can't do anything by myself, Tay. And besides, Kendall is my best friend and we've supposedly been dating for three years. You've gotta trust me somehow," you argue with her and she sighs.

"I know, baby. I'm sorry, I do trust you. I trust you so much, I just don't trust her," you can picture her nose crinkling. She's always crinkled her nose when she didn't approve of something. "I love you so much, Y/N. I don't want to lose you."

"I love you too, Tay," you manage to say back but probably not in the way that she thinks you mean. Yes, you've been crushing on the brunette ever since the two of you hit puberty but you loved her more as a best friend rather than a girlfriend. Although, you don't actually remember the past four years so that fact may have changed. "Kendall's just gonna help me, alright?"

"Fine. But you're coming to stay with me as soon as I come back from Greece," she demands playfully and you laugh, nodding your head in agreement.