XXXIII

"Oh, well, I'm flattered, but I'm sorry... who are you exactly?"

***

Y/N

"W-What..?" The brunette in front of me chokes out with tears welling up in her light brown eyes. You furrow your eyebrows but stop as twinge of pain instantly shoots through your head like a bullet.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" You question hesitantly as if you were scared that words would break her even more than she already looks. You don't even know the girl but something inside of you feels sorry for her.

"Y-You don't r-remember w-who I a-am?" She stutters with a tear slowly falling down her cheek. You think about it for a second before wincing in pain. God, this pain in your head was nearly unbearable. In fact, you would've started screaming in pain if it weren't for the girl in front of you. You wouldn't want to look like a complete lunatic in front of a stranger.

"Am I supposed to know you?" You shift your body in your bed before feeling a sharp pain in your rib cage. You stop your movements and hold your breath before exhaling in a slow manner all while looking at the brunette in front of you.

"U-Uh, no... no," she says while her eyes roam the white walls of the hospital room. She looks everywhere yet fails to make eye contact with you. She swallows the lump in her throat before speaking up again. "Not really... I was just a friend to you, nothing more."

"Really?" You question in a joke like manner. "I can't believe I forgot a face just as beautiful as yours," you try to cheer her up but her frown only deepens while a small blush creeps onto her cheeks.

"Yeah... no, we were just friends."

"Oh, uh, well... could you maybe tell me your name? I really do wish I could remember," you ask solemnly while trying to catch her eyes but she doesn't seem to want to look at you.

"It's K-Kendall... Kendall Jenner," she informs you with a small nod and you send her a small smile. Progress, at least you know her name now. Although, her name does sound familiar; like you'd heard it somewhere before.

"Your name is really pretty Kendall," you admire the way her name flows off the tip of your tongue and she blushes before muttering a shy thank you. You chuckle a little bit over her reaction but immediately stop as the pain in your chest becomes agonisingly painful.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to call the doctor?" Kendall says quickly while inspecting your face and body with sad eyes. You wonder why she was this sad, especially since you were apparently just friends. But nonetheless, you hated making people sad.

"No, no, I'm fine. Just a little uncomfortable, but I'm fine," she looks at you warily but you send her a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, Kendall. Really."

"If you say so..." the room was emerged in silence and you didn't know if it was comforting to have someone by your side or awkward because the two of you weren't speaking. Even so, the unspoken tension didn't stop you from letting your eyes take her in.

You had to admit, Kendall was extremely beautiful. You wish she didn't look so sad because you really wanted to see what she'd look like with a genuine smile on her face. She must look even more beautiful than she does now if she'd smiled. Her porcelain skin looked extremely soft and you suddenly had the urge to touch her but she rose from her seat before you could.