Chapter 42 - The War has Ended

*3rd Person*

Merlin on Killgarah flew through the skies until they found a clearing and landed.

"the witch will pass through here shortly Merlin. Be sure to end this once and for all because now the rise of Albion now rests on you" Killgarah spoke wisely Merlin slipped off and waited Killgarah flew up in the air. Morgana stumbled into the clearing she saw Merlin was waiting for her.

"i should have some this a long time ago Morgana and I'm sorry it had to be this way." before she could even think of a attack her life was ended the same way as Mordant. for the girl he once knew the kind, gentle, sweet girl who would rather help others than kill people a quick death was kind.

Merlin stood as tears rolled down his eyes the war was at a end and Albion would now rise and prosper.

*Alexandra*

We four royals rode into the square as some of the square had the dead knight and many were helping injured. Mordred dismounted the horse and helped me down.

"Arthur there is still the matter on how Morgana knew where Merlin would be" i stated

"yes." the other knights arrived

"men did any of you say anything about Merlin's travels" everyone but Gwaine shook their head.

"Eira" he explained about getting drunk and letting things slip. i sat in the council chambers as Eira was brought forth.

"your majesties?" i looked to Arthur and he nodded. looking back i spoke clearly

"o hyn tan y wawr yr wyt yn siarad y gwir" she shivered

"go ahead brother" he stood and walked round Eira

"a couple of days ago the court sorcerer left for the valley of the fallen kings no one but sir Gwaine, the royals and the court physician knew of the destination. neither of which would betray him. Sir Gwaine has admitted that he was at some point drunk and spilled the destination to you what did you do with that information?" Arthur questioned

"i told the Lady Morgana and Sir Mordant."

"why?"

"she said she would pay me generously" she hesitated but the spell took effect and made her tell.

"so you admit your guilt"

"i do Morgana wanted me to get close to sir Gwaine the destination of Merlin was a bonus" she admitted

"you have admitted your crime of treason and the punishment is death you shall behind tomorrow morning." he nodded and the guards took her away. i went to the eagle staircase and looked out waiting for some sign of Merlin. i was glad when i saw a unicorn ride in with Merlin on its back.

"Mordred! Arthur! he's back" i shouted before running down the steps and out for the doors leading to the square he dis mounted the unicorn and it left.

"Merlin" i grinned running down and hugging him he smiled.

"it's over. it's really over"

-----

the next day Eira was hanged for her crimes