Chapter 40 - Camlann

the next morning we sent on the last part of our journey to Camlann i was growing more nervous not just for the battle ahead but for Merlin and how he was fairing. when we arrived Arthur halted looking towards the narrow path.

"this is it Camlann. this is where our fate is decided" Arthur stated

"it's a death trap sire" Leon replied

"that's the idea"

"Morgana will have no means of escape and neither will we"

"oh i wouldn't say that" i smirked at him. "you said that you trust me is that still the case?" i wondered

"of course my lady"

"the trust that i will bring you safely home" i smiled leaning against Mordred's chest

"Make camp and take your positions" the knights nodded and left the four of us.

-----

that night i sat in my tent thinking when i felt two hands grasp my own i knew it was Mordred and i sighed.

"it hurts Mordred. it hurts to fight with her but after all she has done I'm just so angry" i confided

"i know but you must not let that anger take over you or you will be like her." i looked towards his eyes.

"why does she hates us Mordred why does she do this to us"

"i don't know but we fight to the bitter end."

"i don't want to see her die but i know that she must because if she doesn't Albion will not rise" he kissed me

"enough worrying come rest for the three of us will need it" i nodded and he lifted be up i smiled and giggled as he laid me down and undressed me before helping me into my night gown before i do the same with him and lay down closing my eyes and falling asleep...

"Alexia! Mordred!" someone shouted us i awoke from my daze as i was shouted again i grab my wrap and walk out followed my Mordred

"what is it Arthur"

"its Morgana she plans to attack before the night is out and trap us in according to Merlin I've sent Percival and Gwaine with men to have a look."

"you've had word from Merlin" i smiled

"yes he warned me about Morgana's plan of attack we must get ready" i agreed

"ask one of the men to find a higher ground where i can see everything i will watch and help" Arthur nodded and went to get ready as did we. i helped Mordred with his armour and sward before he turned to me.

"i love you Mordred" i whispered.

"as i love you" he leant down and kissed me which i returned until i broke away.

"be safe" with that i left following a knight to a vantage point

i watched as Arthur stood in front of his men.

" Tonight...we do battle. Tonight we end this war, we end a war as old as the land itself. War against ternary, greed, and spite. Not all will greet the dawn, some will live, some will die. But each and every one of you fights with honour, and with pride. For not only do we fight for our lives, we fight for the future. The future of Camelot. The future of Albion. The future of the united kingdom's. For the love of Camelot"

"for the love of Camelot" the knights repeated