Chapter thirty nine

Start from the beginning

My attention was seized by the one person I was expecting to be anywhere else but here, at a family function. I turn around to be faced with Fabio, my brother.

I laughed before Fabio welcomed me with open arms. I wrap my arm around him and smack his back as we both begin to chuckle.

"Thirty years... wow." He sighed, "Hang on fratello, I'm just about to reach thirty too."

I shook my head and laughed at his comment before my eyes scrutinised the hall again automatically; I was definitely looking for Adriana. When my gaze sets on her, relief spread through my chest.

"Thirty years but I still feel like a teenager." I said and Fabio nodded his head before his smile dropped a little as he pulled closer to my ear.

"Stay calm and be lucid, we have a problem." He muttered into my ears before he pulled away and smiled widely at me. Immediately, my blood automatically began to boil as trepidation filled my system. My whole family was here at this function, if something went wrong, not only would I get hurt but my family would.

With a smile, I calmly push my hand down my pocket and watch Fabio with determination. If we had a problem right now, it was most likely that we were being watched so right now, Fabio and I were putting up with a facade but if there was no party at this instance, I would be fùcking fuming.

"What?" I take my glass and bring it to my lips, "What's the problem Fabio?"

"El Guapo is here." He revealed, "Motherfùcker is persistent on leaving, he wants to see you."

The fact that I managed to maintained my flaring anger was extremely unbelievable because calm really was not my forte. The second Fabio revealed this fùcking problem, my gaze returned back to Adriana who stood next to her mom. I suddenly felt the apprehension just mask my whole system as my mind began to think of the worst scenarios ever because I knew exactly why El Guapo was here; he was only here for Adriana.

As I cautiously watch Adriana, I caught Tony running from one entrance to the other to check the perimeter. I nodded my head at Fabio before I walked towards Mia who watched the scene unfold.

"Mia, don't let her out of your sight."

"Capito, don't worry about her."

Once I pull away from Mia, I turn around to join Fabio as we made our way out of the estate. However, whilst I was walking out I glance over my shoulder one last time to witness Adriana's joyful smile, only to feel hopeful that at the end of the day, nothing goes wrong. I want her here. I need her here.

We step outside, away from the guests and family and finally meet with El Guapo who had parked his vehicle right in front of the gates of the estate. The only thing that prevented them from entering the perimeter of the estate was the security. I glance over both my shoulders to see that my men were flooding the area immediately, despite the fact that we had a function inside the estate where over a hundred people were attending. It was a case of luck; if El Guapo decides to be a bítch today, I would be damned.

"Hola Dante." He greeted and surprisingly, I really did remain calm. Something I never thought I would be able to do.

"Ciao El Guapo." I greet back, "I see you have the balls to cross the line huh? Wasn't our last encounter enough for a lesson?"