The Wrong gift

"This one's from me," Cullen said as he pushed the red-wrapped package across the bed towards her. Elysse sat cross-legged, grinning as she started ripping into the colored paper. He was glad she'd suggested spending some time alone while the rest of the Inquisition partied below in the great hall.

"These are from you?"

He blinked. "Yes?"

Elysse's face was turning the same color as the paper. A smirk played on her lips as she reached inside and pulled out a set of sheer smallclothes—lacy and black.

"Maker's breath!" Cullen snatched them from her then flushed and tossed them back into the box as though they'd burn him if he held on too long. "Th-that wasn't what I got. I—" He inspected the box. It was definitely the one he'd wrapped. And that was his hand-writing on the side. And below—his eyes narrowed at the tiny drawing of a bee. "Sera."

Elysse laughed as she retrieved the lacy undergarments. She held them up against her and Cullen's face burned. "So, you're telling me that you don't like them?"

"What? No! I—I think they're fine."

"Just fine, hmm?" She shifted closer. "Maybe I should try them on. Let you have a proper look."

"I..." He swallowed hard and his hands came up to her hips. Maker's breath. He could never resist her when she looked at him like that. He licked his lips and murmured, "That might be nice."

Elysse grinned, catching him in a hungry kiss as she pressed him back down into the bed.

(smuttiness below. NSFW :3)

Her hands tugged at his shirt and he grinned against her lips when he pulled it up to his neck, breaking their kiss long enough to toss the shirt aside. Elysse held him tight, tongue easing into his mouth when he sighed. She loved the taste of him: spiced wine and hot metal. He caught her lower lip in his teeth and her spine shivered.

"Maker, Cullen."

He shifted their positions, pressing her against the blankets as he undid the clasps down her front with ease. In seconds, her chest lay bare to him and he wasted no time in massaging her breasts with calloused hands.

Elysse gasped, back arching into his touch. His lips lowered to her neck where he kissed and nipped the sensitive skin until her toes curled with a light moan. The warmth of his touches made her burn for more. She dug her fingers into his back, eyes fluttering shut when his kisses trailed lower. Down her collarbone, between her breasts. She gasped when his tongue flicked across her bellybutton. He laughter was deep and rich as he undid the laces on her trousers, pulling her smallclothes down with him so she lay naked beneath his touches.

"You know," Cullen said, laying the lacy undergarments across her hips and squinting as though he were examining a painting. "As much as I'd like you in these, I definitely prefer it when you wearing nothing at all."

In any other situation, she would've laughed. But now, his eyes dark and hungry, she could only shiver. Her fingers wound in the sheets, gripping desperately when his stubble scraped along her inner thigh. Her hips arched up when his breath brushed against her sex. His tongue ran along her length and she couldn't contain her moan.

Cullen hummed his approval, his hands wrapping around her hips as he pressed closer, tasting her. His tongue knew her body too well. Elysse bit her lip, body arching as he teased out her pleasure, stoking her desire for him.

Latching onto his shoulders, she yanked him up and kissed him hard, laughing when she tasted herself on his lips. Her fingers tugged and pulled and jerked on his laces until his breeches finally fell from his hips. Cullen laughed as he kicked them off, the sound dissolving into a groan when he rubbed his naked body against her own. She deepened the kiss, nails raking against his back.

Pleasure rippled through her when he entered her. He took his time, hips rolling in steady rocking moments.

Elysse sighed, letting her head roll back. "I'm so glad you that you–mmm–wanted to open gifts in private."

"Me too." He chuckled against her skin, placing soft, lingering kisses everywhere he could reach. Her name spilled from his lips in a sigh and he picked up his rhythm. "We'll have to... make it a tradition."

She took one of his hands and threaded their fingers together, grinning when he kissed her again. He loved her. He said the words over and over into their kiss. She returned the words between her gasps and sighs. She held him tighter, kissed him harder, preferring to show him how much he meant to her.

Her release was soft, like being wrapped up in a warm blanket, and lingered in the slight tremor of her limbs. She drifted from the pleasant haze, kissing along Cullen's neck until he reached his own pleasure, her arms holding him close long after he'd pulled out.

Cullen grinned as he pulled the blankets up around them. He caressed her face, covering her lips with soft kisses. Elysse nuzzled into his neck, weariness tugging at her eyes. She smirked when his breathing deepened like it always did just before he fell asleep.

Elysse grinned at the Commander's face. One thing was for certain: Sera was going to get one hell of a thank you note for this.