Distractions

WARNING~ this chapter will be NSFW

Elysse burst through the door across from Cullen's desk, her eyes set with a grim determination.

"Commander," her voice was curt—the same one she used on nobles who had dipped into the truly idiotic side of thinking.

"Yes?"

"I need you to come with me."

"Can it wait a moment?"

"No."

Cullen frowned, wondering what he'd done wrong as he made a quick end to his report. She grabbed him halfway through the last word, the quill still in his hand as she started marching him towards the main part of Skyhold.

"Inquisitor, what's—"

"Just trust me," she said.

He frowned, sweeping through her appearance more closely. Wet hair. The ties on her shirt were off as she'd missed one around the middle. The laces on her boot flapped against her legs—she'd only done them halfway before tying them off.

Elysse's hold on him tightened in the main hall as though she feared that someone would split them apart. Her pace quickened. He nearly had to run to keep up. She swerved from the throne last minute and pulled him towards her private chambers.

The door wasn't even fully shut behind him when she pressed him against the wall and claimed him with a hungry kiss.

Cullen's apprehension evaporated with a laugh. He gripped her hips and pulled her tight against him; the tongue he slipped into her mouth earned a sigh. Heat flared in his body when she responded to in earnest, lips bruising with the sheer force of their kiss. Maker; how had he ever held back from kissing her like this?

Cullen grinned, his hands dropping down her thighs. Hoisting her up, she wrapped her legs around his waist. He flipped their positions; her taut body pinned between him and the wall. He ground his hips against her and her head fell back with a soft moan.

"Thought you had a meeting soon," he murmured against her skin. He kissed along her neck before picking a spot below the ear. He smirked at the thought of her standing before her armies with his mark for all to see.

"I do."

"I assume they won't be joining us."

She laughed. Her fingers tightened around his hair when he bit her neck. The scraping of her nails across his scalp sent shivers down his spine. "I tried—mmmn—tried to take a cold bath but it didn't help."

"Add ice next time."

"Ice?"

"Mmhmm." He nipped along her collarbone before returning to the budding mark on her neck.

"Is this a trick you—" another sigh "—had to use yourself?"

He chuckled and pulled away from the wall. With one arm braced around her hips to support her weight, he started up the stairs.

"I've lost track of how many times I've had to use it."

Despite the confident smirk, her cheeks warmed to a soft pink. "Do I truly distract you that much, Commander?"

"More every day, it seems."

Cullen felt her pleased grin on his neck as she traced her lips against his pulse.

"You know," he muttered, continuing to climb, "this would've been a lot faster if we'd just used my bed."

Elysse scoffed. "Do you think I'd want to use your loft again after what happened last time?"