Chapter 8 - You Always were my Good Boy

Start from the beginning

"I'd line my boat in your dock anyday." Harry interrupted. He stomach rumbled from hunger and he added, "Oh Captain, toss your jewels my way." as he licked his lips.

Louis was sure he could feel the vein pulse in his forehead as he listened to Harry's inappropriate remarks. He turned an even deeper pink but this time it was out of anger. "Harry." He snapped. He turned away from Liam to grasp the back of the chair Harry was sitting on. He could've kissed him, but did not want to. Instead, he slapped Harry across the cheek. "Shut up." He said, almost viciously. "Later." he said quietly when he saw Harry's hurt expression.

The man had meant no harm after all, and Louis, even though he would not admit it, was so truly in love with him that seeing this face almost made him embrace Harry, despite his alcoholic and sea-riddled odor.

But still, Louis turned back to Liam. "Erin." He reminded, "Where is he?"

Liam seemed to look dazed by this, as if he did not know who Louis was talking about, and was not making any sort of effort to remember. Louis was quickly losing his patience, and Zayn believed that he would beat the daylights out of both Harry and Liam if they continued to be so dimwitted. "A little blond boy with long hair?" Louis described, restraining every ounce of frustration and anger from gushing out of him. Liam looked back, looking as brainless as ever. "Erin, a little blond kid! You've both been living with him for a decade, what more do you bloody want, you bloody losers?!"

Harry leant close to Liam and it was clear that he assumed he was whispering when he said, "Erin, she's the pretty little meisje!"

The last word was one that Louis was sure Liam did not understand but the bleak comment had seemed to enlighten him, anyhow. His face lit up and he let out an unnaturally long 'aah', before pointing to the door. "Erin! Why didn't you say so?" And had he not have continued that comment, Louis would have punched him to death, "She's lying on a rather comfortable black and white sofa! She was tired, that she was, I put her right to bed! The poor girl, she'd had a shock when the shark almost bit her arm off."

Louis' eyes widened and he let a deep sigh of relief leave his lips. "Captain," He said, standing up from the chair and turning to Blackbeard, "Take me to your sofa."

He stood up, expectantly, but only received a rather confused look in return. "What?" He asked.

"I do not own a black and white sofa." Blackbeard said, and Louis looked back at Liam.

Liam took a moment to understand the message but eventually got up. "Alrigh'." He said, pointing ahead of him, making the whole mess of a situation into his own personal expedition to find Erin. "Don't worry, lads. I know this castle like the back of my hand, that I do; I'll take you to this Erin of yours."

With that, he put his best foot forward, perhaps a little too forward and almost fell into the splits, but pulled himself up and marched out of the door. Louis watched everyone start to follow but put his hand out. "Oi." He said, sternly. "The lot of you, get to bed. Blackbeard, you come with me. Zayn, take Harry to my room, and please wash him before you let him touch the bed-sheets, will you?"

He received low mumbles and grumbles in response but everyone left, trusting that the Captains would take care of everything.

And so, they went to their rooms, and Louis followed Liam around the ship, swearing he'd passed this chipped door before, but eventually making it to a room with a name on it. It read, "Gretel."

"Ah, yes." Liam said, confidently. "Ernest is in here."

Blackbeard opened his mouth to make a comment but Liam swung the door open.