Chapter 22

"I know baby, but we have to lock you up, just for safety." I whisper, kissing her forehead after.

"No I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. Please just stop this from happening." She sobs into my shoulder, making tears start to brim in my eyelid. I can't cry, not in front of my pack members. When I pull away I nod to Michael to go take her to the prison, but suddenly there was a loud crack as Addie smashed the handcuffs, how did she do that without getting hurt?

"I don't want to hurt anyone Luke, especially you. I love you." She whimpers out and in a split second, she was gone.

**

Addie's POV

[2 years later]

I watched the middle-aged man from the tree I was crouched in at the edge of the woods. He was crossing the street, coming towards me. He was the typical business man, with his long grey coat and his brown suitcase. He was probably going home late from work. Shame he's not going to make it.

My eyes were blood red, my fangs hung from my gums, ready to pierce the man's flesh and taste the sweet blood.

Ever since the day I left Sydney and came to Melbourne, I've been a monster. I've finally been able to control myself, I don't change at the smell or sight of blood but I'm definitely not normal. I haven't heard my wolf since that day I left him. It still makes upset that he could be with someone else. He's probably moved on and found a new Luna, probably has a few cubs, but that's the past, I'm over it.

The weird thing is that I'm not full werewolf anymore. I can't turn into my wolf and I can't talk to her in my mind. I can grow my wolf fangs but that's about it. I don't care anymore though, I'm a vampire and I have come to terms with that. I'm a monster and I always will be for the rest of my life.

I followed the man, jumping through the trees; branch to branch. The trees rustled as I moved, making the man look around nervously. As he walks, he frantically looks around the streets and into the woods, probably fearing someone is following him. I swiftly jump off the branch and onto the forest ground, not making a sound. I hide behind the tree as he walks past before running to the next tree at an extraordinary speed. I watch him carefully, peaking around the trunk to make sure he doesn't see me. We finally come to a path that leads into the woods and he skeptically walks along it. I watch him closely, making sure I find the perfect time to attack. I look around to find nobody else in sight, perfect.

I run behind him to the other side of the pathway. He turns around, worry and fright written on his face. Before this whole mess with my sister turning me, I would have felt upset that I scared him, but now I laugh at the stupid pathetic human. ('I laugh at the face of danger hahahh', sorry, I had to quote lion king!)
He looks through the trees, trying to find me, but I'm hidden in the shadows, my light step keeping me from making any sound. I run behind him once more, knocking his suitcase out of his hand and onto the floor, making his paperwork fly to the damp, dark ground.

He curses under his breath before he quickly tries to pick up everything, looking around on the ground to try to find the pieces of paper. He misses a few pieces as it is pitch black and he isn't able to see. The only light showing is from the full moon which is high above us, indicating it is midnight. I watch as the man picks up the last sheet and stuffs it in his suitcase. Now's my chance.

Just as he locks the suitcase, still crouching down, I run up behind him, making sure to kick up some leaves as I do so. His shoulders stiffen up as his head slowly turns to face me. When his eyes land on me, I smile before baring my teeth and grabbing his head. I hear a loud scream coming from the human before I sink my teeth into him and start to eat my meal.