Chapter 8

"Babe wake up." This angelic Australian voice has been repeating over and over in my head. The sound of his voice wanted me to wake up but I didn't want to move from this warm bed.

It is weird knowing that it is winter here yet there is no snow. I am used to all of the snow and cold that comes with winter but all that is here is sunshine. It's not that I am complaining because I really like this weather, it's just something I will have to get used to.

"Baby get up." The voice was starting to get restless. Well I guess I should get up now. With a groan my eyes started to flutter open immediately seeing bright blue. With a smile I sat up closer to my mate. Our noses were now brushing up against each other. A smile overtook his normally hard face. I loved seeing him smiling but I loved the face that I was the reason for his smile even more. "Good morning my beautiful mate." Luke placed a small kiss on the end on my nose.

"Morning Lucas" I couldn't help but giggle when his face scrunched up at the name. I learned that he really doesn't like to be called by that name.

"Go get ready I want to take you somewhere. Get dressed I will meet you downstairs." Luke blurted and ran out of the room with a smile. Shaking my head at my overly excited mate I grabbed my clothes and went to shower.

'='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='

Shelbie's POV

The air was cold against my exposed skin. No I am not naked I am just jogging in a jog bra, barely zipped light jacket, and cropped yoga pants. My headphones were blaring music as I tried to block everything out. Shell you can't just ignore him. My wolf was telling me that.

I have been avoiding Ashton because I am scared. I am not cut out to be Beta Female. I'm weak and useless, hence the jogging. I need to build up my strength because I am like the weakest in this pack. I'm just pathetic.

My self-depressing thoughts were cut off when I was knocked to the ground. Ripping my headphones out of my ears I looked around for danger. I let out a sigh when I locked eyes with beautiful hazel ones. He placed his hand out graciously helping me up. Placing my small hand in his large one he lifted me with ease pulling me into his chest. His hands immediately went to my waist holding me to him. "Hello princess."

"Ashton," his name came out breathless.

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

Just about as I was to open my mouth to speak I heard the pack link, "There has been an unfamiliar scent located on the territory. Everyone be on guard and look for the scent. It was fast moving and headed towards the pack house!"

'='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='

Luke's POV

I was so excited to show Addie my secret spot. I know that she will love it and I love seeing her smile. I was a hard, mean Alpha when I didn't have her. I was scared that I was never going to find her or she was killed early. I thought that better than showing my pain I will take it out on others. It was stupid but got the job done.

I walked into the living room to see...Addie sitting on the couch. But she was literally just upstairs. I left her there. I left before her. "Hey babe how did you get down here so fast? I left before you."

A look of surprise arose on her face. "I have my ways," she said with a smirk. There was something different about her and I am not talking about her magically curly hair. My wolf was uneasy and growling at her. What is going on here? "Hey baby are you ok?" I heard Addie say. She stood up with a concerned expression and walked towards me.

"Uh...yeah I'm fine just confused." Addie reached me placing a hand on my chest. There was no sparks like there is supposed to be. What is going on? Addie slightly shoved me so I was sitting down on the couch. With a smirk she slowly crawled on top of me so she was straddling me. This was so unlike her.

She placed one hand on each side of my head leaning closer to me. I didn't want to kiss her though. "There has been an unfamiliar scent located on the territory. Everyone be on guard and look for the scent. It was fast moving and headed towards the pack house!" The link ran through my head loud and clear.

"What is going on here?!?" I heard from behind me. Pushing Addie off of me I turned and faced...Addie? Whipping my head back to the girl sitting next to me I saw Addie but Addie is standing in the doorway...am I seeing double vision? "Luke get away from her," the Addie in the doorway said.

"Luke don't listen to her, she's a fake," the Addie next to me said. Pushing myself off the couch I stood in between both girls. The Addie in the doorway had on a scared expression while the other one held a smirk.

"What the hell is going on here?" I yelled out. I cannot wrap my head around what is happening.

'='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='='

Addie's POV

This isn't happening! She isn't here. It's not my time. "How did you find me?" I bit out in fear. I cannot be like them. That's why I left!

"Oh sweetie it really wasn't that hard." With a smirk I watched as the devil herself walked closer to me. Poor Luke's face held so much confusion at this moment.

In a flash I was pinned up against the wall by my throat by Taylor, her eyes a blaze, her fangs bared. A smirk took over her face.

"Why do you look so scared dear sister? Didn't you miss me?"

//////////////////////////////////

Hey guys sorry for not updating recently, I haven't been able to because I haven't had either my phone or my laptop so I've not had a way to update. 

Anyways, If you haven't noticed I changed the cover, thought that one would be more fitting as it looks like he's looking possessively at something. I dunno, that's what I thought anyways.

But yea, hope you enjoyed. 

Please Vote, Comment and share!

Lya

-Jordann